Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Auxiliary audio question - '06 Sat/Aux input? (yes, i already searched)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Auxiliary audio question - '06 Sat/Aux input? (yes, i already searched)

Okay, so I used search and couldn't find the answer to my question. Now that that's out of the way:

I purchased an '06 Supercrew with all the bells and whistles. It has the factory installed 6 disc changer and Sat radio. I'd like to install an Aux input, but also keep the sat radio if possible.

Can I install a PIE and still keep the sat radio hooked up? Will i just press the aux button twice to switch between them?

I pulled the panel off an there is an empty wire socket (will take a picture later).

Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:33 PM

I installed the USA SPEC Ford interface in my 06 Lariat (it gives you an IPOD and Aux input). The Satellite receiver still works as normal...Not sure about the PIE
Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 PM

I just installed Isimple gateway isbt21. It give me Bluetooth, phone, aux
Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by htrk1
I installed the USA SPEC Ford interface in my 06 Lariat (it gives you an IPOD and Aux input). The Satellite receiver still works as normal...Not sure about the PIE
can you give us a little more info on this setup. thanks bud
Old 03-08-2012, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by atlong
can you give us a little more info on this setup. thanks bud
Sure. Link is below. The unit plugs inline with the Sat receiver no splicing of any wires, the data line appears to be a bus so you can add digital components. You push the Aux button on your head unit twice to get to the IPOD interface. When the IPOD is selected you can use the CD control buttons on your head unit to control the IPOD. The song title information is also displayed on the head unit. The interface also provides a 1/8" phono jack to plug in standard MP3 players. Below is a link to the unit I installed.. I think I got mine refurbed from Ebay. IM me if you need any more info.

http://usaspec.com/product.php?ProductID=60

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary audio question - '06 Sat/Aux input? (yes, i already searched)