Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone use MPT custom tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 04:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Anyone use MPT custom tunes?

I did a search but didn't see anything come up in the '04-'08 forum but I see a lot of others are using MPT tunes in their trucks.

I've been searching around for a custom tune and interface and I almost pulled the trigger on PHP but the lack of customer service and nightmarish turn around times I heard about scared me off. Plus I never was able to get anyone on the phone over there.

I called MPT tuning with some questions about the iTSX interface (iphone/iPad via bluetooth) and custom SCT tune pricing. The customer service is amazing. They include 3 free custom tunes with the purchase of either the iTSX or the other interfaces. I had a shipment notification within an hour of ordering and Mike PM'd me on the forum here to let me know he refunded me partial payment because I didn't take advantage of the forum discount. How cool is that?

I just wanted to say a quick thanks and if anyone is looking for excellent service check out http://www.morepowertuning.com/ Also PM Mike@MPT here for a forum discount.
The following users liked this post:
MorePowerTuning (08-23-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 12:40 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

How did you get the 3 free tunes
Old 08-18-2012, 01:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

There tuners come with 3 canned tunes and three free custom tunes.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump. I've been lookin for the same thing recently. All the bad customer service reviews at php scared me off as well
Old 08-19-2012, 10:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 93 "race" performance tune from MPT...got the tune in less than 3 days from when I placed my order.
As far as performance goes, the "race" tune def sh**s it and gets it...I would get the "street" performance tune if I were to make another purchase, which I still may.
The reason I went with the "race" tune is because I thought it was going to be under-powered like some of the other 93 performance tunes I've tried from other companies, so I wanted the highest perf tune they offered....well that definitely isn't the case with tunes from MPT

And what really stands out to me is the fast/quick downshifts....not like the tunes I've tried before that still "fall on their face" like stock, when you go to throttle-up from a cruise to pass another vehicle.

Last edited by C Dawg222; 08-19-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by C Dawg222
I have a 93 "race" performance tune from MPT...got the tune in less than 3 days from when I placed my order.
As far as performance goes, the "race" tune def sh**s it and gets it...I would get the "street" performance tune if I were to make another purchase, which I still may.
The reason I went with the "race" tune is because I thought it was going to be under-powered like some of the other 93 performance tunes I've tried from other companies, so I wanted the highest perf tune they offered....well that definitely isn't the case with tunes from MPT

And what really stands out to me is the fast/quick downshifts....not like the tunes I've tried before that still "fall on their face" like stock, when you go to throttle-up from a cruise to pass another vehicle.
what mods do you have?
Old 08-19-2012, 02:08 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

I went thru 8 months of BS w PHP. When I finally got tunes they were WRONG!! Again and again.

Went to Mike and 3 days later had tunes waiting for me in my e-mail. Only had em for a few hundred miles so far...but the economy tune is showing a 1.8 mpg increase over what I was getting. Tried the performance tune and 1.2 mpg increase so far...but that's only been a hundred miles. So far so good...very snappy and responsive after the tunes!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nickpatton_189
what mods do you have?
They're listed in my sig...just cai, exhaust/cats, and a programmer.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 82 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by BISCUT
I went thru 8 months of BS w PHP. When I finally got tunes they were WRONG!! Again and again.

Went to Mike and 3 days later had tunes waiting for me in my e-mail. Only had em for a few hundred miles so far...but the economy tune is showing a 1.8 mpg increase over what I was getting. Tried the performance tune and 1.2 mpg increase so far...but that's only been a hundred miles. So far so good...very snappy and responsive after the tunes!
How are the custom tunes from Mike over the canned tunes from the sct programmer?
Old 08-19-2012, 09:47 PM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by C Dawg222

They're listed in my sig...just cai, exhaust/cats, and a programmer.
Just to let you know...people cant see your sig if they have an Android phone and are on the phone app. One of the things the phone app isnt capable of.

Quick Reply: Anyone use MPT custom tunes?