Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone running the MBRP XP Series kit/muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 10:00 AM

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

Default Anyone running the MBRP XP Series kit/muffler?

I ordered only the MBRP muffler online that comes with the kit with the part number provided by MBRP. I was wanting to know who all is running that muffler on their truck and how they like it? Every time I go to different exhaust shops to get a quote for installation they always give me a look when I tell them an MBRP muffler. How is the sound? Any feedback would be great
Old 06-11-2015, 12:10 PM
Blown Mafia

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts

What kit/pn?

Historically MBRP is used on Deisels which is probably the looks. I have a MBRP cat back on mine, it was alright, on the loud side. I put a Magnaflow with the MBRP which quiets the exhaust down and mellows it out. There are some before/after cold starts in the "What did you do to your Truck today" thread.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:08 AM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

I have the XP series SI/SO. I love it, and will be sticking with MBRP for the rest of my trucks. I've had flowmasters, maggys, and thrush exhausts before, and the MBRP blows them away sound wise.
I've never really noticed any HP gains ever from a cat back, so I can't comment on that aspect.
I've had it on my truck for over 3 years now, and it has held up great. The muffler has quite a bit of surface rust on it, but from wisconsin winters, I'm not surprised. The pipes/tip still look great.
Install was simple, probably 45mins.
$416 shipped to my door.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've got the SI/SO model that's all stainless. i think it's the same as the XP. I did notice some loss of low end torque with the 3.5" pipe, but otherwise I love it. sounds great, not too loud when cruising, just right when you get on it.

Quick Reply: Anyone running the MBRP XP Series kit/muffler?