Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone with the procomp AAL installed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 06:02 PM

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Anyone with the procomp AAL installed?

I've had one sitting in the garage all winter and i'm finally going to jump on it and get it done. I'm just wondering, for those who have installed, the leaf is long enough that I need to mess with the clamps installed towards the ends of the OEM leaf pack. Do you just bend those out of the way or how does that work? It looks like there is a bolt through the first 2 on the clamp but not through the top. The AAL looks like it will need to go on top of the overload spring, and first one above that, then the AAL to keep with the lengths in order. Anyone have any experience with that?
Old 05-16-2014, 12:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a' 13 and the pro comps were just short enough to not need to mess with the clamp. However, there are a few AAL threads on this site which discuss your issue. You may try searching. I'd do so for you but frankly I haven't figured it how to search effectively from mobile. Some wrote that they cut their clamps off and bought new aftermarket generic clamps. One guy said he was able to use a BFH to bang the new spring into the pack using the stock clamps.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:56 AM

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by matiki
I have a' 13 and the pro comps were just short enough to not need to mess with the clamp. However, there are a few AAL threads on this site which discuss your issue. You may try searching. I'd do so for you but frankly I haven't figured it how to search effectively from mobile. Some wrote that they cut their clamps off and bought new aftermarket generic clamps. One guy said he was able to use a BFH to bang the new spring into the pack using the stock clamps.
I've searched, thats the first thing I do for any of my questions, but most people seemed to have different brands and i was having a hard time finding anyone who talked specifically about the stock clamps and what they did.

Quick Reply: Anyone with the procomp AAL installed?