Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone own a F150 that isn't a piece of sh*t?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own a F150 that isn't a piece of sh*t?

My 2006 F150 already has had the following:

4x4 acuator motor go bad,
Fuel injectors go bad causing,
catalytic converter to melt

I had to get the fuel injectors fixed at my mechanic as I needed it done because I needed it, you know, to live. The bad injectors pumped fuel into the cat. converter, causing that to fail. Even though the converter has a 80,000 mile warrenty, Ford won't replace it free because I didn't get the injectors done at a dealer, so they won't honor the warrenty. How about that for a great American company, that builds tough machines that they stand by?

I will never buy another Ford product, and neither will any of my family members as everyone I have told so far is appauled by the story. There is more to it, like how they lied and first told me the new injectors were bad (I didn't tell them I had them replaced 3 weeks ago). When they found out they were new, the story changed to, my mechanic installed them wrong. Which one is it Ford?

FORD = F*CKED ON RAW DEAL.......
Old 08-12-2009, 06:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

your the same guy who said buy japenese... you can have problems with any brand of truck. well you should have done your homework on the injectors and taken it into the ford dealer, then all this would have been avoided. were the injectors installed right? how long has the injectors been acting up? you can't expect ford to pick up the tab for something that they don't know is there fault.

i have owned 6 ford trucks and none have given me problems, it's just luck of the draw.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've owned Fords since 1974 and have never had one problem with them that was not classifed as fair wear and tear.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:07 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

we have 3 (04,05,07)at my house, no probs so far...knock on wood.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:08 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wizrd
My 2006 F150 already has had the following:

4x4 acuator motor go bad,
Fuel injectors go bad causing,
catalytic converter to melt

I had to get the fuel injectors fixed at my mechanic as I needed it done because I needed it, you know, to live. The bad injectors pumped fuel into the cat. converter, causing that to fail. Even though the converter has a 80,000 mile warrenty, Ford won't replace it free because I didn't get the injectors done at a dealer, so they won't honor the warrenty. How about that for a great American company, that builds tough machines that they stand by?

I will never buy another Ford product, and neither will any of my family members as everyone I have told so far is appauled by the story. There is more to it, like how they lied and first told me the new injectors were bad (I didn't tell them I had them replaced 3 weeks ago). When they found out they were new, the story changed to, my mechanic installed them wrong. Which one is it Ford?

FORD = F*CKED ON RAW DEAL.......
So long! See ya later!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by ATOM
your the same guy who said buy japenese... you can have problems with any brand of truck. well you should have done your homework on the injectors and taken it into the ford dealer, then all this would have been avoided. were the injectors installed right? how long has the injectors been acting up? you can't expect ford to pick up the tab for something that they don't know is there fault.

i have owned 6 ford trucks and none have given me problems, it's just luck of the draw.
I couldn't drive it to get it to the dealer! Thank God my friend's shop is up the road. Forgive me, but I don't have all day to lounge around and read up on injectors.

The injectors were installed perfect but I withheld that from Ford to see what they would try and get away with. Ford told me they were dumping fuel into the engine, but when I told them they were new they made up another story! The converter is under warrenty......SO REPLACE IT! Its obviously the fault of the injectors!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dude just cos you had one problem that like atom said if you took the right actions would have been no problem, doesnt mean fords are piece of sh#t my family including me have owned fords and nothing else our entire life and never had any issues besides the basic wear and tear and i also have an 06 with not one problem and is byfar the best truck i think i owned yet!!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dplummer87
So long! See ya later!
lol x2 go buy a toyota you can have 5.7 litres wrapped in tinfoil or maybe be apart of the chevy bailout program good luck with that!!
Old 08-12-2009, 06:16 PM

You guys are all nuts!

I hope you all meet a telephone pole real soon.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haahahahah

Quick Reply: Anyone own a F150 that isn't a piece of sh*t?