Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone with OEM towing package and OEM reverse park aid?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 04:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Anyone with OEM towing package and OEM reverse park aid?

I need a favor, can you tell me how your reverse parking aid sensor wiring harness plugs into the vehicle wiring? Or even better yet, maybe take a picture for me of the wiring harnesses behind your rear bumper?

I have a 2006 FX4 with towing package, and am trying to figure out how I would add the OEM parking aid to my truck without adding my own custom wiring, I want to keep it factory-like.

I've been all over google and other sites trying to reference part numbers and find any kind of illustrations, but I just can't find the right illustration that shows how the "parking aid jumper" wiring harness (either part number 4L3Z-15K867-AA or 7L3Z-15K867-AA), and in turn the reverse sensors themselves, connects to the rest of the truck.

I see in the 2006 F150 brochure that it was an option from the factory for the FX4's with towing package, so I have a hunch that there must be some pre-wiring, but when I look under the back of my truck I dont see a spare electrical connector. My theory is that for the trucks with towing and park aid that there is a different wiring harness somewhere between a large connector above the spare tire at the end of a large wiring loom that runs toward the cab, and the towing electrical harness that runs to the bumper...

A few pictures would surely do wonders! Can anyone help a dude out?
Old 09-07-2014, 04:44 PM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm not home until around Wednesday so I can't provide any pictures until then. What I can tell you is that the connector at the spare tire (I believe grey, roundish - above the tire) for the license plate lights is the same connector as the reverse sensor wires. So you may be able to purchase the rear backup sensor wiring harness for the rear bumper to the spare tire (which has the license plate lights of course) and swap it out. I definitely know this as I had to replace mine... my connector finally became too damaged from mud and snow being thrown at the sensor connector. If the round connector at the spare tire has enough pins, hopefully Ford pulled the wires back to the cab so you can simply change that harness out, add the sensors, the PAM, and you're done.

I'll check my wiring diagrams and such when I get back so I can provide more info. My truck is a 2005 F150 FX4 and it came with both the tow package and reverse sensors.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:44 PM

Great, that is very helpful homer. I'll take another look under there. I seem to remember the large grey connector right above the spare tire but it seemed more rectangular than round. I did see it looked like there were two pins that were not used on my truck, that might be used on another harness that hooks up the reverse sensors...
Old 09-09-2014, 10:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a picture of the parking assist harness
The following users liked this post:
rkneeshaw (09-13-2014)
Old 09-13-2014, 11:06 AM

Awesome! Here is mine (towing package but no reverse sensors):
Name:  temporary-5.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  234.5 KB

The larger square harness goes to the front of the vehicle.
The smaller round connector feeds the rear tail lights and license plate lights directly (no more connectors until the wiring harness reaches the bulbs).

So part number 4L3Z-15K867-AA or 7L3Z-15K867-AA (the "parking aid jumper") must replace my harness that runs to the tail lights and license plate lights. That's the only thing I can imagine.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:08 AM

Oh wait, I just looked closer at your picture and you have a third connector in there that I don't see on my truck... the smaller round connector in my picture also exists on your truck, so that grey connector you have boxed in RED is something I dont' see on my truck...
Old 09-13-2014, 11:14 AM

Here is a crude diagram of what I see is the wiring in the back of my truck:
Name:  rearwiring.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  30.1 KB

Quick Reply: Anyone with OEM towing package and OEM reverse park aid?