Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone have some tips for Painting chrome bumpers black??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have some tips for Painting chrome bumpers black??

I was going to paint my chrome bumpers black and wanted to see if anyone had any tips on how to get it done the right way!

I've heard it's really hard to do, and some people say oh just ruff it up a little bit, but if Anyone has done it before I'd like to know the process you used and how it looks!

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wesrespekt
I was going to paint my chrome bumpers black and wanted to see if anyone had any tips on how to get it done the right way!

I've heard it's really hard to do, and some people say oh just ruff it up a little bit, but if Anyone has done it before I'd like to know the process you used and how it looks!

Thanks!
I was also looking into doing the same thing, i know duplicolor has something like this but dont know how it will turn out. I was also looking into Line-x but i think it leaves a rough finish. When you find out let me know haha
Old 02-09-2011, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best way is to sandblast, clean, prime and paint.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:48 PM

I think there is a special primer that really makes the difference... My wifes uncle is a body man, and he is doing some stuff on one of my trucks when I pick it up I'll try to remember to ask him.. Good Luck!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Backwoods

I just roughed mine up with some sanpaper...then cleaned with a degreaser. I sprayed a bedliner spray on it. I like it...I think it looks rugged! I sprayed both bumpers...bull guard, toolbox, and nerf bars.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have some tips for Painting chrome bumpers black??-truck3.jpg  
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Anyone have some tips for Painting chrome bumpers black??