Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

anyone have experience with this??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 11:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default anyone have experience with this??

I know, another hollowing out a cat post, but I havnt seen my question answered specifically, just a bunch of arguing about it haha. When I get home, I will be inspecting my cats, the front 2, after I've been having issues and found a post about similar symptoms and it ended up being the cats. If they are plugged up, I will need to hollow them out to make my truck drive able for now...FOR NOW...I just forked out a bunch of cash to get in my new place and have little cash to buy new cats rite now, I do intend on it when I can though. My question is, has anyone hollowed the fronts out?? I'm assuming I will get a cel, heard a programmer will solve this. Will the edge w/gryphon update do it?? And any other issues I should expect if I have to hollow them, again its just the fronts...I think. Thank you
Old 03-10-2015, 11:46 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by jake_85
I know, another hollowing out a cat post, but I havnt seen my question answered specifically, just a bunch of arguing about it haha. When I get home, I will be inspecting my cats, the front 2, after I've been having issues and found a post about similar symptoms and it ended up being the cats. If they are plugged up, I will need to hollow them out to make my truck drive able for now...FOR NOW...I just forked out a bunch of cash to get in my new place and have little cash to buy new cats rite now, I do intend on it when I can though. My question is, has anyone hollowed the fronts out?? I'm assuming I will get a cel, heard a programmer will solve this. Will the edge w/gryphon update do it?? And any other issues I should expect if I have to hollow them, again its just the fronts...I think. Thank you
Yes - you can hollow them out. You should not receive a CEL, but if you do, apply the Gotts O2 mod. Note - this mod is usually reserved for the rear O2's - using it on the front may incur issues with O2 transport delays ( unlikely but possible)

A programmer will not fix this as none will turn off the FRONT O2's. It's not possible - they provide crucial A/F feedback.

Only issue will be Federal and perhaps regional legalities - no driveability concerns for a temporary fix.

MGD
Old 03-10-2015, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by MGD
Yes - you can hollow them out. You should not receive a CEL, but if you do, apply the Gotts O2 mod. Note - this mod is usually reserved for the rear O2's - using it on the front may incur issues with O2 transport delays ( unlikely but possible)

A programmer will not fix this as none will turn off the FRONT O2's. It's not possible - they provide crucial A/F feedback.

Only issue will be Federal and perhaps regional legalities - no driveability concerns for a temporary fix.

MGD
Perfect! And thank you. I live in the great controlled state of California so will definitely be replacing them before my smog is due in July. I can find the gotta o2 mod on here yes?
Old 03-10-2015, 12:00 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by jake_85
Perfect! And thank you. I live in the great controlled state of California so will definitely be replacing them before my smog is due in July. I can find the gotta o2 mod on here yes?
I dunno - but I know it's here, lol: http://www.f150online.com/forums/exh...ight=gotts+mod

MGD
Old 03-10-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by MGD
I dunno - but I know it's here, lol: http://www.f150online.com/forums/exh...ight=gotts+mod

MGD
Yes....that's what I ment haha
Thanks!!

Quick Reply: anyone have experience with this??