Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone had their truck painted?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone had their truck painted?

Im thinking about having my 05 stx painted as it has several small dents, and in general quite a few scratches and scrapes. My question is, has anyone had thier 05 or newer painted and if so did you use Ford? I havent shopped arround yet but im pretty sure ford will be quite a bit more expensive than other places especially for fixing the dents/dings so should I trust my vehicle to other shops or pay more and let ford do it? Thanks.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Paint jobs

I've not had my current trucks repainted but I've had other vehicles repainted or repaired in the past. Just because it says Ford on the storefront doesn't make it good, I've had a bad job done at a Ford shop in the past yet another did fantastic work. Best suggestion is ask friends, family, co-workers etc and see who's had that type work done and what they thought of the work. I've seen small and large shops that did great work while others were crap. Shop size isn't as important as the quality of the workers and what they have to work with. Get the right shop and you'll get impressive work for a price hopefully you can live with. Just remember a 'good' paint job isn't cheap but most times you get what you pay for.

Good luck.

Paul

Quick Reply: Anyone had their truck painted?