Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone blackout stock headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 AM
only pussies wear bowties

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Anyone blackout stock headlights?

Im off from work tomorrow an thought it would be a nice project to black out the stock headlights. But I dont know the procedure for going about this task? has anyone done this?

Not like the nightshade coating, but actually taking off the lens and blacking out the casing. Any ideas/suggestions?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ide just go and try to tint it out and see if that works, if it doesnt look good go buy the spray one where u spray over it
Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 475 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by SethP
Im off from work tomorrow an thought it would be a nice project to black out the stock headlights. But I dont know the procedure for going about this task? has anyone done this?

Not like the nightshade coating, but actually taking off the lens and blacking out the casing. Any ideas/suggestions?
It was just discussed on a post this Monday. May have moved to page 2 by now. Just search on "headlights". It describes the proceedure for using your oven (carefully!). Here's the link to it (read both pages):

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/had-some-time-painted-lights-cai-cat-back-installed-pics-25914/

Do a search though and read some additional posts on this, as it has been discussed before. Most are successful, but others have overheated the assemblies and melted their clear lenses. I take NO responsibility for suggesting this link to you.

Last edited by Mod (Ret.); 06-24-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:38 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...Q5fAccessories

This is what I went with. I heard what you're wanting to do is a real pain in the ***. I saved myself the time of getting mad and throwing things and possible screwing them up anyways.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 AM
only pussies wear bowties

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
It was just discussed on a post this Monday. May have moved to page 2 by now. Just search on "headlights". It describes the proceedure for using your oven (carefully!). Here's the link to it (read both pages):

https://www.f150forum.com/showthread.php?t=25914

Do a search though and read some additional posts on this, as it has been discussed before. Most are successful, but others have overheated the assemblies and melted their clear lenses. I take NO responsibility for suggesting this link to you.
Thanks i really appreciate it
Old 06-24-2009, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not hard to do. go to www.F150online.com and search paint your headlight mod.....I did it and it turned out great! Not hard at all and it was only about 20 bucks to do a mod instead of paying 150-300 bucks for a new set.

Quick Reply: Anyone blackout stock headlights?