Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anyone actually installed power windows and door locks>

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Bigfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone actually installed power windows and door locks>

I've been told in another post that SPAL sells aftermarket windows and power door locks, what I'd like to know has anyone did this and if so how'd it go? Thanks Don
Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

I did power windows and locks in my Silverado, and it went well other than the windows being a little on the slow side.

I got OEM style replacement Window regulator/motors from ebay, and the window switch kit and full power door kit from A1electric.com.

Install was fairly easy, and it is definitely worth the time and money. I would highly recommend finding OEM style regulators, I've heard bad things about the Spal style kits failing.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:30 PM

i added power locks, no interior switch just off the alarm system.. super easy, just used some actuators and wired it up...
Old 02-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Search on "power door lock" and "power Window"....it has been discussed before. The door locks are easy, the window kits depend on what type (factory style verses the type that slide over the window crank shaft).
Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 PM
blue blood

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

door locks are easy.you can get a kit with the switch in it .what that means if you push down on the drivers lock they all lock and when you turn the key they all unlock.
or use a key-less alarm.
the problem with installing door lock switches that they are direct and if you hold them to long or the switch sticks it will burn out the motors you can ad caps and resistors that solve that problem.
i have installed the spal kit and only had a few problems very easy to install a gear goes on the window crank and a cable and motor mount in the door yes they are slower than factory.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Power window kits that slip over the crank will use nylon type belts or "fishing line with tiny *****" to drive the gear from the electric motor. If you buy the cheaper kits, you get the fault prone fishing line type units; these will snap within a year or so, depending on how much you use the power window. TRUCK'N magazine did a writeup and install of both these setups last year (I kept the issue). I posted the company that TRUCK'N used; they sell the quality kits. You pay more, but they last.

Do a search. You'll find that post.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:40 AM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

i installed the auto-loc power window kit over christmas, and i didnt have any luck with it at all the motors didnt have the ***** to roll up and down the windows, and would get hot and quit working, so i took them out and returned them and im going to go with the A1electric kit over the summer...
Old 02-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

i put in the spal window kit and my own design of power locks with a power tailgate lock...

use the search for info
Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Bigfoot

Default How did the spal window installation go?

Are you satisfied with the speed of the windows going uup and down? and are they noisy or make excessive noise more than oem windows do?

Quick Reply: Anyone actually installed power windows and door locks>