Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anybody have this problem??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have this problem??

Lately I have been having issues with my caliper locking up (rear passenger side).

The first time this happened The rotor and brake drum/pad got so hot it was smoking. I immediately had it towed to the shop. The mechanic couldn't get it to lock up again once he got it back to the shop so he turned the rotors and gave it back to me.

A month went by and it did it again. This time my mechanic replaced the brake line and the caliper. We were thinking that either the brake line was not getting fluid to the caliper or the brake line was not sending fluid back from the caliper allowing the caliper to release. Or the caliper was bad.

I'm hoping that this has fixed the problem. Just wondering what you guys think??
Old 04-20-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

The only two potential culprits there would be your caliper or your ebrake cylinder or mechanical cable sticking. If the caliper fix doesn't work make sure your ebrake cable is not binding
Old 04-20-2012, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man, I didn't even think about the ebrake. I checked it when it was locked up just to see if maybe it had been applied somehow. But I didn't think about it binding.

Quick Reply: Anybody have this problem??