Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Anybody else's odometer look like this when starting the ignition on their 2004 XLT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody else's odometer look like this when starting the ignition on their 2004 XLT?

First let me apologize for making a duplicate thread. There was a lot of confusion on what I meant so I decided to remake the thread for better clarification. My question is does anybody else's 2004 f150 odometer look like this when starting their truck? I've recently had odometer rollback suspicions and I'm hoping this isn't a swapped cluster. My main concern is the 'km.' The odometer reads in miles after this dissapears. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-24-2016, 05:56 PM

Bump
Anyone?
Old 08-24-2016, 08:20 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

My Lariat has a different type of display. I think it goes blank during startup. However, I am a computer geek and your photo looks like a normal LCD startup test pattern. When you start an LCD you blacken every segment on the display to look for segments that don't turn black.

I'm guessing that Ford used the same LCD panel in the US and Canada and the KM segments only show up/blacken if you're driving a Canadian Ford.

I have a kitchen scale that does the same thing, when you power it on it lights up both OZ and GM (ounces and grams).
Old 08-24-2016, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mechanik
My Lariat has a different type of display. I think it goes blank during startup. However, I am a computer geek and your photo looks like a normal LCD startup test pattern. When you start an LCD you blacken every segment on the display to look for segments that don't turn black.

I'm guessing that Ford used the same LCD panel in the US and Canada and the KM segments only show up/blacken if you're driving a Canadian Ford.

I have a kitchen scale that does the same thing, when you power it on it lights up both OZ and GM (ounces and grams).
That's what I assumed
Old 08-25-2016, 03:35 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

How many posts are there on this? This question seems to be on other threads...
Old 08-25-2016, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bucko
How many posts are there on this? This question seems to be on other threads...
Nope. Trust me I've searched. There is one other post that was posted by me but I decided to remake this one with a picture.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:39 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

What I was refering to. I thought you got the answer you were looking for there. The odometer is going to be either in KM or miles, not both, or in between.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bucko
What I was refering to. I thought you got the answer you were looking for there. The odometer is going to be either in KM or miles, not both, or in between.
That's not my question. My question is, is my odometer supposed to look like this when I turn the key before while starting the truck. The km has me worried the cluster was swapped from a Canadian truck.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:29 PM
The Dodge Slayer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechanik
I am a computer geek and your photo looks like a normal LCD startup test pattern. When you start an LCD you blacken every segment on the display to look for segments that don't turn black..
My fist thought as well... All the lights light up so you and the computer know it's all working
Old 08-28-2016, 04:00 PM

Received 3,054 Likes on 1,685 Posts

If it makes you feel any better, here's mine at startup.

Anybody else's odometer look like this when starting the ignition on their 2004 XLT?-r7nqs5d.jpg

Quick Reply: Anybody else's odometer look like this when starting the ignition on their 2004 XLT?