Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Any Suggestions? Need to Find a Color Match Paint for Interior Panels

Old 12-03-2012, 03:43 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Any Suggestions? Need to Find a Color Match Paint for Interior Panels

I can't find a lariat cluster surround with the cutout for the adjustable pedal for my current project in the same color as my dash. I have a light grey dash and apparently the lariats either had tan or black (from what i can find) So plan B. I just buy a different color part and PTM to my dash. I have had good success with this in my old CJ7 with a brand called SEMA that makes a rattle can paint that is high quality and flexible so it doesnt chip easily. I was curious if anyone has found a paint that matches the lighter gray dash color and can recomend it.

Here is a pic showing my dash color of my speedo surround.

Sry this was an old image i already had on photobucket, it was originally focused on the edge.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

I removed the lower piece below the steering column and took it into my local Pep Boys to match it up. I too have the gray color main interior color. I was able to find a very close match in rattle can form to paint the tri-guage A pilar mount. It matches nearly perfect. Since I'm at work, I cannot recal the color, but I believe it was made by Dupli-Color.

If you have no luck there, you can go to any automotive boby shop and have them mix a spray can of your exact color. I've done this before. It will have the flex agent added so that it will not crack on the plastic.
The following users liked this post:
Thisguyuknow (12-03-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
I removed the lower piece below the steering column and took it into my local Pep Boys to match it up. I too have the gray color main interior color. I was able to find a very close match in rattle can form to paint the tri-guage A pilar mount. It matches nearly perfect. Since I'm at work, I cannot recal the color, but I believe it was made by Dupli-Color.

If you have no luck there, you can go to any automotive boby shop and have them mix a spray can of your exact color. I've done this before. It will have the flex agent added so that it will not crack on the plastic.
When you get home can you get the color cod off the duplicolor can? I will give it a try

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Suggestions? Need to Find a Color Match Paint for Interior Panels