Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Any Ideas? Wash and a wax is all I've ever needed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Any Ideas? Wash and a wax is all I've ever needed.

So, me, my roommate, and his girlfriend took the dogs to the park the other day. My dog and my roommate's dog ride in the bed when we take both of them anywhere. Given the inquisitive nature of my dog and the keen nose of his dog we both have dog chains running from the center of the toolbox that don't let them jump out of the bed... they have just enough to get some wind blowing through the ears. Since she drives a car her dog doesn't ride in a truck bed much. After they all 3 made a trip into the water there was no way she was riding back to the house in the cab. So we put her in the bed and hooked up a third chain. First redlight on the way back... there goes this dog out of the bed and over the side... mind you she's wearing a chain that keeps her head on top of the bed rail. She proceeds to claw the hell out of the side of my truck before my roommate can get to her and continues clawing it after he picks her up and takes her colar off. As a result, I have all these scratches all over the side of my truck. Anybody have an idea about my best chances of alleviating the eyesore, short of paint?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

can you feel the scratches with a finger nail? if so, nothing but paint will fix it. you can try some meguiars scratch remover, if you have a meguiars DA try that with some scratch x, but it sounds like a repaint is in your future
Old 06-15-2009, 06:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah if you run your fingernails over the area where its schratched and you can feel your nail clicking on the scratch its game over but if its just a clearcoat scratch you can most likley get a good polishing coumpound and buff them out with some elbow grease or you may have to get them buffed out profesionally unless you are good with a high speed buffer but if the scratches are to deep you can take some touchup paint on the tip of a toothpick and try to fill the scratches then genly wetsand and buff the area with a high gritt paper but i would highly reccomend seeking profesionall help in that case if you dont feel comfortable doing it!! anyway good luck let us know how you make out bro!
Old 06-18-2009, 03:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cant believe the dog isnt dead..sometimes people need to think through plans a little better.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by josh34
cant believe the dog isnt dead..sometimes people need to think through plans a little better.
it's not the dogs fault people are stupid, if someone hurt my dog regardless of why, i hope they got insurance....but i agree with a better plan is in order...i will never put my dog in the box of a truck unless it has a topper
Old 06-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Veni, Vidi, Dimitti

^^^ x2!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sooooooo.........

The IMPORTANT question here is.........
was the dog hurt ??????

You're lucky you didn't break his neck!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:57 PM
PJB

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I hate seeing dogs riding in the beds of trucks.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Dirty South's Finest

the dog cant help it if it wasnt trained right mine rides on the toolbox everywhere with me you gotta start early with them if you dont train them you just as well to get a dog box thats what i do with my deer dogs
Old 06-19-2009, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by josh34
These dogs are bred to be tough they're bred to take a beating and keep up with cattle and work them. I'm quite sure falling from a truck bed isn't the worst thing that has happened or will happen in her life... as for thinking plans through, it's simple you figure out a better plan that still let's my dog run around the bed of my truck and I'll give it a try. It's not a plan problem, it's an information problem. We were told, "She rides in the bed of my Dad's truck all the time when I go home."

Since we're being made to look like irresponsible people and horrible dog owners, I'll say this and it will be my last post on this thread, which became an SPCA witch-hunt. You will be hard-pressed to find dogs that are cared for better than these are. As a 4th year Animal-Science Major at THE finest Ag school in the country, possibly the world, and as a person who is contemplating Vet school, I can assure that our handling practices surpass anything most people would deem adecquate. The important things for you to remember are:

1.) It's not YOUR dog. The dog was fine and actually hopped right back in the truck bed once we got her collar on her, we had to pick her up and put her in the cab. The owner was fine, she knew her dog wasn't hurt and that it was in good hands.

2.) It might not be "normal" or "right" where y'all come from, but it's the standard where we come from. We're not fighting pit bulls, we're hauling cowdogs. Our methods might be strange to some, but we're two East Texas boys trying our best to make it in a city that's 10X bigger than either of our home towns. We're not always going to fit in.

3.) Like I said, y'all give me a better way that fits my needs and my dog's and I'll give it a try. I might even post back the results to let y'all know if y'all were right.

Quick Reply: Any Ideas? Wash and a wax is all I've ever needed.