Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Any and all help is welcome 07 f150

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any and all help is welcome 07 f150

I have a 2007 Lariat with 96k on it and need help troubleshooting a problem. If I am backing up or accelerating in a tight turn Like pulling into a parking spot or around a corner it feels as though my parking brake is on for a brief second. I am wondering if it could be transmission issues, problems in the rear diff, or possibly even a transfer case issue. Please let me know your thoughts.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

When the symptoms occur does it always involve turning? I would say it is a Differential issue first and foremost. It sounds like the limited slip is not "slipping" as it should. one other thing you may want to check (since you mention transfer case) confirm that you are not in 4WD. but really to me it points the your Diff and he limited slip.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:44 PM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Just to add to what izzysplace said, when you verify your 4x4 is not engaged not just look at the switch, if you have a vacuum issue the hubs will default into the lock in. you would not have the switch in or even a light... Does the front end do the jumping or bouncing when in a hard turn? You would feel the front end jump if it's in 4 wheel drive in a good turn..

Good Luck.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by izzysplace
When the symptoms occur does it always involve turning? I would say it is a Differential issue first and foremost. It sounds like the limited slip is not "slipping" as it should. one other thing you may want to check (since you mention transfer case) confirm that you are not in 4WD. but really to me it points the your Diff and he limited slip.
That is when I feel it most.My buddy was thinking the same thing and I don't feel any lurching implying that the 4x4 is engaged. Do you think a diff service might help? Much obliged for the input.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Eagle
Just to add to what izzysplace said, when you verify your 4x4 is not engaged not just look at the switch, if you have a vacuum issue the hubs will default into the lock in. you would not have the switch in or even a light... Does the front end do the jumping or bouncing when in a hard turn? You would feel the front end jump if it's in 4 wheel drive in a good turn..

Good Luck.
I don't feel any kind of jumping or lurching. I did turn it on and off to see if that was the issue (made a turn felt it jump) but it seems to disengage just fine when I turned it off.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:31 PM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Sounds like izzysplace may be on track... I'm sorry, but this one I have no experience with, I can't help you on this one. I wish you the best of luck.

Quick Reply: Any and all help is welcome 07 f150