Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Another Injector question

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 05:52 PM

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Another Injector question

2004 Fx4 103,000 5.4. I think I may have a bad injector even though they are recently purchased as refurbs about 6 months ago. The symptoms are hard to start when warm but starts fine every morning. Hesitation at certain rpms and oil smells like gas. never throws a code and this is what I've done so far. Unbolted both fuel rail sides with injectors attached and lifted them up and cycled key to on position with no obvious leaking. Pulled the plugs for the umteenth time and they look good as far as I can tell, they dont look blackened or fouled.I changed the oil and filter asap but smells again. I have an android pro torque app but most of what I see means nothing to me. Im low tech but otherwise don't see anything obvious. I am unable to do a leak down test because of a lack of a schrader valve and for the life of me can't find any kind of setup to bypass it but I know they exist. What now. I know I can't just hope it goes away and don't want the hydrolock or anything else happening to my engine. Any suggestions besides "hacking" pro torque for info that I don't understand. Fuel pressure through the app always looks good 40 ish psi. Do I have to take it to someone yet again or am I missing something? Im open to any and all suggestions. Thanks

Quick Reply: Another Injector question