Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Another cam phaser question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another cam phaser question?

Sorry to bother you guys with this but its realy been bothering me. I know there are ton of threads about this and I'm sure these questions have been answered hundreds of times. Is there anyway my truck can be damaged by bad camphasers?? And what the hell do camphasers actualy do ?? And for you guys that have had them fixed at a dealership about how much did it cost you? Thanks for the help in advane and I'm sorry 2 bother you guys with this.

Last edited by Turkey Hunter; 05-21-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:15 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

from everything i have read it seems as though everybody is kinda split, some think its a must fix and some just leave it as is. i myself am a leave it as is guy. i dont see any drop in performance and since i started adding lucas to my oil after every change it seems like the knock has settled down a bit. so ultimatley it is your decision.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting my truck fixed at the dealer right now for this issue. It is under an extended warranty so I only have to pay a $100 deductible but when I get it back (hopefully tomorrow) I'll ask what the repair bill would have been without the warranty. In my opinion, yes I would get it fixed. The way I see it...if nothing at all was wrong there wouldn't be as TSB out that has a procedure to repair it....
Old 05-24-2010, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer told me without my warranty the repair would have cost me $2,200. I haven't got the truck back yet because they are waiting on parts for another issue so I don't know what it sounds like after the replacment yet. The dealer told me it still makes a little bit of noise just not as much.

Quick Reply: Another cam phaser question?