Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Another AC issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another AC issue

Since I've had this truck I've had AC issues, last summer the AC clutch hub wasn't engaging so I checked everything and it was fine so I replaced the clutch hub and it fixed my problem.

Well a couple months ago it wasn't engaging again so I checked everything again and it was still fine so I took the clutch off and took out a tiny spacer on the inside and put it back together and that worked fine just until a couple days ago.

What would be the best thing to do? Freon levels are fine, all fuses and diodes are good so should I just spend the $50 and replace again or could it just be I need a new compressor, any help on this situation would help because I can't find anything on here or google that has had the same problem
Old 08-13-2014, 02:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well if you hook direct power to the compressor does it click on? If it does and you have done all that you said I would check into the A/C buttons inside the car to ensure they are actually working. Mine stops working sometimes so I have to click them around then the A/C starts up.

Quick Reply: Another AC issue