Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Am I the only one who wants to slam my F150??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Am I the only one who wants to slam my F150??

Alright I don't necessarily mean slam like putting in a 4-link and bags... But I'm wondering if anyone could help out with some ideas for the best and lowest non-bagged drop.. I see these flip kits drop the rear 6" and then normally you would add a 1", 2", or 3" lift to even it out, is it possible to just drop it the whole 6" and be able to drive?? Or any ideas for other kits whatever, I was looking to spend about a grand or less on the kit
Old 02-05-2009, 09:27 AM

you can go with ground force wich does make a kit that will go 6 inches but it cost over thousand or you can go with a djm drop kit 3.5 in front and 5 in the rear and its a little cheaper i have it and love it but i had ground force before on my other custom truck and i think it was a little better ,big diff in handling but go with what your budget is
Old 02-05-2009, 02:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah haha no offense but im not big on slamming truck. I believe that if you get a truck all you should do is lift it. If you want to slam something get a car. P.S. Not trying to be a dick.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Marine2014
Yeah haha no offense but im not big on slamming truck. I believe that if you get a truck all you should do is lift it. If you want to slam something get a car. P.S. Not trying to be a dick.
Yeah i know the standard hater talk on the slamming of trucks and they're reasoning behind it. But I have a 2wd truck, they probably shouldn't even make 2wd trucks but they do and if i lifted it and didnt go off-roading id be a deusch and if i lifted it and did go off-roading i would get stuck and need a 4wd truck to pull me out, thats just how i feel.. And i'm 6'4", little guys lift their trucks, big guys lower them, its the way of the world

ps also not trying to be a dick
Old 02-05-2009, 11:45 PM

Actually most women will tell you that a truck with too much lift means the guy has to be compensating for something.........
Old 02-06-2009, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jason8691
Actually most women will tell you that a truck with too much lift means the guy has to be compensating for something.........
hahah yeah but i mean theres a lot of 2wd trucks on here that are lifted. I am sure not all of them go off-roading. It just makes it look nice like if you got a 3' lift it would look real nice haha theres a black one on here thats really nice
Old 02-06-2009, 09:28 AM

well ''marine2014 ''unlike you my hobby is to make custom truck and for that you need alot of money im now working on my 08 f150 fx2 i just finish my 05 ford explorer the truck alone was 35k after ripping the whole truck apart i dumped 100k plus into it and ever since i finished it its been in numerous car shows and has won numerous dub show trophys and ford truck shows ill soon post pictures up along with the fx2 so dont be a hater
Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil150
I have a 2wd truck, they probably shouldn't even make 2wd trucks but they do and if i lifted it and didnt go off-roading id be a deusch.
I have a 2WD and lifted and it's a pavement queen so I guess that makes me a douche in your eyes huh?

And i'm 6'4", little guys lift their trucks, big guys lower them, its the way of the world
I'm not 6'4", but I am 6'0" so does that make me little or did I break the mold?

There are haters no matter what you do with your truck because people have preconceived notions about what a truck should be like, 2WD or 4WD. I had a guy with a stock 4WD Ram arguing with me the other day saying I was dumb for lifting my 2WD so I asked how many times a year he put his truck in 4WD and where exactly he goes mudding. He said he put the truck in 4WD about 5 times a year to climb over some lava rocks and doesn't go mudding in it because he didn't want to tear it up. I said my point exactly, plus my truck looked way better than his, which of course he laughed and said you think your Ford looks better than my truck, I said hell yes and so do about 99% of the people out there.

Bottom line is it's your truck, slam if you want, lift it if you want and forget about what others think.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:31 AM
The LED Man

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Slam it! But I say go all out and go with bags.

I have 4WD, so it's getting lifted (leveled). If I had 2WD, you better believe I'd be on air. I love playing with bags. It's fun, and it turns heads...as long as the person does it right and doesn't hack it up.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 PM

Once again, I agree with WXMCPO, who really cares whether it's a lifted 2wd or not, I've seen slammed FX4's, and yes kind of thought to myself "a slammed 4x4?" but they still look bad *** and maybe they did it as a challenge to lower a vehicle that wasn't meant to be, or just wanted to break the mold of 4x4's go up and 2x4's go down. Evil150: you have a nice truck dude! do whatever you want to do with it man that's your ride screw what everybody else thinks, it's gonna look bad *** no matter what, and marine2014: Maybe you should keep in mind that not everyone wants a 4x4 or maybe even a big lifted truck for that matter, im sure Evil150 did not post a comment about dropping his truck to hear opinions like yours.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one who wants to slam my F150??