Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Alignment issues with a 04 fx4

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment issues with a 04 fx4

I am having issues with my alignment. My tires are obviously bowing out when you look from the front. Camber I belive. I've taken my 04 Fx4 to pep boys numerous times in the past month for my alignment. Every time I go in they tell me that FORD made these trucks tires to sit that way because according to their machine it says that it is within FORD specs when it's obviously not correct. Anyone have any guidance on what I should do without having to go pay another shop to look at it.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

Go to a different shop.
My '04 appears to have normal caster/camber.
Are your tires wearing uneven side to side? If so, get into a shop that will get the work done ASAP.
Need to check for loose and or worn front suspension parts before going into the shop. If there are loose parts, they will need to be replaced before a proper alignment can be effective.
Any of the shops should have the knowledge and capability to completely diagnose the front end.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by joe mcmillan
Go to a different shop.
My '04 appears to have normal caster/camber.
Are your tires wearing uneven side to side? If so, get into a shop that will get the work done ASAP.
Need to check for loose and or worn front suspension parts before going into the shop. If there are loose parts, they will need to be replaced before a proper alignment can be effective.
Any of the shops should have the knowledge and capability to completely diagnose the front end.
They are wearing on the inside. I've already checked all components and seem to be fine. I'll take the advice and go somewhere else
Thank you
Old 08-22-2014, 12:25 PM

Is your truck leveled?

Either way check the lower A-Arm bolt in the front to see if it is bolt bound.

I put a leveling kit on mine and had to get a camber bolt kit to be able to get my alignment just right.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by panamah_r3d
Is your truck leveled?

Either way check the lower A-Arm bolt in the front to see if it is bolt bound.

I put a leveling kit on mine and had to get a camber bolt kit to be able to get my alignment just right.
What do you mean if bolt is bound?

Quick Reply: Alignment issues with a 04 fx4