Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Alignment after leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alignment after leveling kit

Ok guys quick question. I will be replacing brake pads getting rotors turned and changing oil tomorrow. While i have the tires off i plan on putting on my leveling kit. Now this is on a Friday the earliest i could get a alignment would be tuesday. My plan would be to get new tires put on tuesday morning while im at work and then take it to the alignment place tuesday afternoon after work. Would it hurt anything or mess up anything on my front end other than wear the tires uneven. It just would be easier while i have everything off. Let me know guys. I dont want to mess anything up
Old 08-01-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 71 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by phil_4321
Ok guys quick question. I will be replacing brake pads getting rotors turned and changing oil tomorrow. While i have the tires off i plan on putting on my leveling kit. Now this is on a Friday the earliest i could get a alignment would be tuesday. My plan would be to get new tires put on tuesday morning while im at work and then take it to the alignment place tuesday afternoon after work. Would it hurt anything or mess up anything on my front end other than wear the tires uneven. It just would be easier while i have everything off. Let me know guys. I dont want to mess anything up
You should be fine. After my leveling kit my alignment wasnt off by much
Old 08-01-2013, 10:08 PM

I mean the old tires will be on there for the weekend so i dont care if they wear uneven. I basically just wanted to make sure nothing will be breaking without a alginment if driven to much
Old 08-01-2013, 10:34 PM

Well I thought Id use your post to ask a question as well, haha sorry.... Well I replaced my old 2.5 with an AS 2.5, replaced tie rod ends, upper control arms and ball joints. My truck drives straight as an arrow, doesnt pull when braking or anything. Sooooo should I be in a hurry to get it aligned? (sorry again for jumping in on your post)
Old 08-04-2013, 07:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Phil 4321 you should be just fine over the weekend tire wear will be the only problem but since you are getting new tires that doesnt matter.

Josh80 just because your truck drives straight doesnt mean the alignment isnt off, There are two main things to consider on alignment camber and toe, camber is the adjustment of the wheel left or right of straight up and down(90 degrees from the pavement) and toe is front of the wheel turned towards each other or away each other, your truck can drive straight as an arrow and still be out of alignment.

Regradless you should have an alignment done after anytime you do any suspension work(struts, springs, stocks, leveling, lift, control arms, tie rods, ball joints).

Last edited by FiremanChris28; 08-04-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Alignment after leveling kit