Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Alaskan Hazards, First Post

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alaskan Hazards, First Post

Hi yall I'm Johnson and I'm military. Ok I know that the question of "which grill guard" or "which looks cooler" has been beaten to DEATH in the forums. I have searched for about 2 days. But I have a more difficult criteria for picking one out. I am PCSing to Alaska in April. I'm buying either a 2005 or 2006 FX4 supercab in a couple weeks. And I'm also going to be buying a grill guard (brush guard, whatever) shortly after that. I need something that can hit an animal that outweighs most hondas and kill it, not me. I need the guard that you would want on your truck if you were going to try to ram a mountain. Most likely powdercoated just for the ruggedness. It would be nice if it had a spot for lights but drilling is always possible on anything. Anyone have any answers for a truck newbie?

DEFINITELY not a deal breaker but if the first -65 winter with 6 feet of snow proves winch worthy I'll be getting one lol.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 1,389 Likes on 664 Posts

if youre considering a winch i would look into an aftermarket winch bumper with the grill gaurd. that will def be stronger than the regular just for looks type grill gaurds. there are a few companys that make heavy duty winch bumpers/ grill gaurds for these trucks.

ps, welcome to the forums!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ranchhand.com/frontbumperbullnose.aspx

They are a little proud of them but I think it is an awsome replacement. If nothing else you can check out the site and get a few ideas, there are other builders out there.

Oh, and it's not my fault it's not a Ford in the picture.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lariat 04
Those do look pretty tough. They will be hard to beat. Anyone have anything to beat that for "crash through a brick wall" toughness?

Last edited by JohnsonUSAF; 02-25-2010 at 10:37 PM.