Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Alarm praise

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Alarm praise

Took a trip to into Gulfport earlier this evening to pick up a few computer items. My family and I were inside a Radio Shack when my truck 2 way pager alerted me that my truck alarm had been triggered. I took a quick glance outside (my truck was parked less than 100 feet from the store door) then I proceeded outside. When I did I saw a guy walking away form my truck and he got into a car sitting 2 spaces down and across from my truck. First thing I noticed was 3 fresh scratches under my drivers side door handle.

A woman got out of the car the guy had just gotten into and I asked if she has seen anyone messing with my truck. She said that a shopping cart had rolled into my truck, I looked at her and said "sorry not buying that because I saw the guy in your car next to my truck and I have scratches that weren't previously there." I glanced over at the car, but wasn't 100% positive he had messed with it because there were also 2 little kids in the back seat of the car.

I gave him a glance that let him know I had a strong suspicion that he was the one messing with my truck, but he just sat there in the driver's seat. The girl then proceeded into a store and we got in my truck and left.

I attribute 2 things to this guy not being able to get into my truck. The first is the LT handles that were on my truck, they guy couldn't get the screwdriver under them and the second was the alarm, it did it's job. Lucky for me the scratches are very small and can easily be touched up. Pisses me off though that people don't give a crap about other people's property and the guy wouldn't step out of his car when I basically accussed him of trying to break into my truck.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

scratch his car right in front of him, and then tell him it was a shopping cart....
Old 08-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Insert Title Here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ty
scratch his car right in front of him, and then tell him it was a shopping cart....
I was thinking that too.

God damn ppl need to learn respect for other ppl's property, and if it requires equal retribution of the initiating act, so be it.

Glad to hear your system protected your truck wxmcpo. Sorry to hear about the scratches... regardless of how minor.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Originally Posted by Ty
Yeah I just wasn't 100% sure if he was the one messing with it or he was simply walking by it as I walked out. The real guys could have scattered as there was a group of younger, thug looking guys not too far down the parking lot. The thing that confused me was the 2 small kids sitting in the car, didn't want to believe a guy and his wife would be out with their kids canvassing the parking lot looking for vehicles to break into. Although some parents these days aren't very good role models for their children.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:20 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

i have a small decal on my rear window or both of my vehicles.....

Peace Sign with "Peace Through Superior Firepower" around it..morons think twice.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:55 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear that but at least your alarm did its job!!
Old 08-22-2007, 08:32 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm glad your alarm did its job, but on the other side I hate alarms. They are annoying, false all the time and usually go off while I am right over the siren working on a car. My techs here at the shop KNOW to disarm an alarm if the car has one. I will cut the wires to the horn/siren on an alarm that goes off for no reason.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't think that the children would stop him, they actually are there for a reason. My mom's BF had his window shattered and caught the guy but he did have his wife and two children with him, when the police arrived they said that the children were there so the officers could not arrest them b/c they had nothing to do with the children once the man and his wife got put in jail. Now they are just putting the children in whatever ever child service program the city has and arresting the burglers like they should.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Originally Posted by NGM
I'm glad your alarm did its job, but on the other side I hate alarms. They are annoying, false all the time and usually go off while I am right over the siren working on a car. My techs here at the shop KNOW to disarm an alarm if the car has one. I will cut the wires to the horn/siren on an alarm that goes off for no reason.
I actually have my sensitivity set pretty low. To the point that someone has to be actually trying to break into the truck, that's why I know it wasn't some shopping cart simply bumping into my truck. Whenever I take my truck in for service I always put it in valet mode so it won't go off.

Quick Reply: Alarm praise