Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Alarm

Old 10-13-2014, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm

I have been trying figure out how to set off my alarm just to test it and I can't get it to go off. I can hit the panic button on my remote and it goes off but I want to know how to set it off when you double click the lock button. I tried rolling the windows down, getting out, double clicking the lock button, waiting over a minute, then reaching inside the door to open it and still nothing happens. Any ideas?
Old 10-13-2014, 02:51 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

BUST YOUR WINDOW OUT!

Just to check if it works………….
Old 10-13-2014, 03:21 PM

Received 51 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by NoLocks
I have been trying figure out how to set off my alarm just to test it and I can't get it to go off. I can hit the panic button on my remote and it goes off but I want to know how to set it off when you double click the lock button. I tried rolling the windows down, getting out, double clicking the lock button, waiting over a minute, then reaching inside the door to open it and still nothing happens. Any ideas?
mine will sound a warning sometimes early in The morning when I'm not quite awake, I forget to disarm the alarm, pull the handle and it slips out of my hand because the doors still locked and snaps back into place. Just like 7-10 warning honks though.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:24 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

It should go off if you have the doors locked, windows down, and open the door from the inside handle. It all depends what kind of alarm you have I guess.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:34 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Mine never goes off in any situations but trucks are meant to have people crawling in the back and stuff being placed in them, so I've always assumed them to just not be very sensitive short of a window braking to keep it from going off just because someone jumped up and down inside your truck bed.
The following users liked this post:
cornishrefugee (10-13-2014)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alarm