Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Airbag Codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 04:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Airbag Codes

I have the infamous 5x5 beep in my truck on start up and after 30 minutes of driving. I've done quite a bit of research of that issue, and pretty much everyone says it is a burnt out bulb. My only problem is I drive it daily roughly 4 times a day and the airbag beeping happens every time, but about once a week the bulb turns on in the cluster area, so it's not possible that it is burned out.

The bulb will turn on and stay on for roughly ten minutes and then the 5x5 beeping will begin and as soon as it begins the bulb shuts back off and then will stay off for around a week or so. The passenger air bag light also intermittently goes on and off. But my biggest concern is the bulb in the cluster, which is causing it to beep according to everything I have read.

I do have a few codes that a friend at a shop pulled for me. One is an 1869 which says a lamp air bag warning indicator circuit open. The other I can't remember the number but he plugged that one into the system and essentially it says to do some testing, but it will be a front impact sensor.

Is it possible I am having a few issues? It seems the front impact sensors have an issue with corroding on these trucks. My biggest question though is what could be causing the 5x5 beeping if the bulb isn't burnt out? Because the bulb still does light up randomly.

Quick Reply: Airbag Codes