Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Airbag code 51 and Five Beeps Five Times Help !

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Ford Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Airbag code 51 and Five Beeps Five Times Help !

Okay I know there are a lot of topic on this, but my problem is a bit different from things I've read.

I have 2006 single cab stx and the little orange airbag guy below the speedometer has been on over a year and a half and he always flashes a code 51, but I've never worried about it.

About a month ago I started occasionally getting the 5 beeps 5 times, and now it does it every time I drive the truck. The Passenger Airbag Light above the radio works properly. It comes on when I start the truck and then goes off. When I put weight on the seat (usually my Jack Russell who only weighs 14lbs) it turns on and stays, and if the seat belt is buckled with no weight it also stays on. This is proper function correct ?

I've tried things I've read from replacing or cleaning up the crash sensor in front of the radiator, even cleaned the connections under the seats with contact cleaner, pulled fuses and none of them are blown. Are the code 51 and the beeping alarm somehow connected ? I'm completely stumped and any ideas are greatly appreciated !
Old 11-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Ford Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bump... anyone ???

Quick Reply: Airbag code 51 and Five Beeps Five Times Help !