Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Air/Heat only blows through panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air/Heat only blows through panel

I know theres a somewhat common problem that if theres a vacuum leak your air/heat will be stuck on defrosters but mines stuck on the panel, reguardless of the position the switch is on it will only blow through the panel. The amount of air will change depending on what its set on (won't blow as much if its set on floor) so I have to believe that there is a leak somewhere. Would you guys agree or is there something else that might be the problem?
Old 10-15-2010, 07:01 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Probably the mode door or it's actuator.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Can anyone tell me where that actuator is on mine? 2003 Lariat 5.4 automatic climate control. Thanks, Tracka96
Old 11-08-2010, 03:52 PM

this is the 04-08 forums, you might have better luck in you years forums. But if its anything like mine then its above the gas pedal mounted to the middle colum
Old 11-09-2010, 09:31 PM

I fixed mine a couple weeks ago heres a link to what solved my problem, hopefully it helps someone https://www.f150forum.com/f4/no-defr...-repair-66506/
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Climate controller stuck on dash vents only

XLT07, I have the exact same problem: air blows 95% only thru dash panel vents...the control switch will turn off in the 0 position & I can hear it moving when I turn to defrost (windshield) or floor so I know it's not switch. I have 2004 FX4. I followed your link. Think that will apply to mine as well? I assume I pull the center console trim & radio and I'll see the rest of what you were referring to? Everything I need to do to fix it will be right there?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got it.

I pulled the radio & vent duct behind it to access the duct "doors". They weren't moving at all (stuck in the full dash vent position). But I could hear the actuator motor turning so I know the motors were good. I didn't see any foam lodging the vent duct door stuck. I got to looking at the linkage from the actuator motor and notices it had come apart where the motor lever meets the duct lever. (They came off track and was stuck) After much rigging, it's working now but the lever that connects to the motor side wiggles. I imagine that in some time it will work itself back off the track. Notquite sure how to fix that b/c nothing is really broken...just too much play where the 2 levers meet.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:12 AM

Default Fordf150 2008 air only coming out dash vent fix

or air coming only out dash vent
On my Ford f150 2008 air was only coming out the dash vents.how to fix.... Under the dash above the gas pedal mounting bracket you'll find a kidney shaped housing the size of a large hand. Attached to this is a motor that moves the linkage arm for the damper direction flap. Housing had four screws. Motor attached with four screws as well. Removing the motor and still connected to the harness it did not work. I replaced the motor and reassembled everything. Problem was fixed. New motor was $50.00 Canadian dollars. Time approx. 3hrs after checking every fuse going to the dealer parts store and fusing with one screw top corner above gaspedal mounting bracket. Note: harness connector on motor has a red secondary lock that has to be pulled outward slightly before pressing on the release tab.

Quick Reply: Air/Heat only blows through panel