Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Aftermarket Auxiliary switch inserts

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Around Texas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Aftermarket Auxiliary switch inserts

Hello fellow 2004-2008 Drivers, I have been looking relentlessly for an insert for a cubby in the FX4 configuration for the overhead console or the lower cubby below the butt tray, I am planning on adding a new boondocks bumper and additional lighting, with that I need to add auxiliary switches, I do now want to "hack" additional holes in my interior dash parts to add the switches. My question to ya'll, is there an interest or market for me to design an insert to use the cubby holes for switch locations or maybe docking places for smart phones, iPods, I am sure if I am looking for these types of goodies, fellow F 150 drivers are wanting the same I assume, I know my frustration for these years of trucks finding aftermarket type goodies, let me know your thoughts I want make these parts able to be installed without modification of factory components. is there a need or demand for these??
Old 04-19-2015, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put some switches for my light bar and other accessories. Put a 12v line up to the overhead lights under the housing with a fuse. That line Pierre individual relays/switches for said accessories. So yes there is a market there. Not sure how big though. I prefer overhead switches as opposed to dash stuff. I like a clean stock look but the overhead switches add the custom look I wanted. Not flashy
The following users liked this post:
david.d (08-12-2018)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Auxiliary switch inserts