Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

ADD Side Steps / Rockgaurds Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

Default ADD Side Steps / Rockgaurds Installed

just put on my Addictive Desert Designs custom rockgaurds / side steps today on my truck and im liking them!
ADD Side Steps / Rockgaurds Installed-add1.jpg

ADD Side Steps / Rockgaurds Installed-add2.jpg
Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Ford Tech

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Where and how much did you get these! They are SICK!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 AM

addictivedesertdesigns.com/shop is where you can get them. they arent actually made for our trucks so when you call them up just tell what truck you have and they will custom make them for it. they were extremely pricey tho, i paid $1300 for them but i just look at it as cheaper than replacing my doors lol.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Ford Tech

Originally Posted by buster096
addictivedesertdesigns.com/shop is where you can get them. they arent actually made for our trucks so when you call them up just tell what truck you have and they will custom make them for it. they were extremely pricey tho, i paid $1300 for them but i just look at it as cheaper than replacing my doors lol.
Holy smokes that is expensive! I may just make my own for that! I have the skill and material to do it so may just try that! I mean I own a plasma cutter, welder (tig and a mig), plus a mental break and tubing bender! I think that's all I really need! After a few sets maybe sell them lol
Old 10-08-2012, 01:54 AM

yeah making your own is a good awsome idea lol. it wasnt until i started installing them that i realized i should have made my own also but i really like the look of these and man are they sturdy, they weigh 85lbs each!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:05 AM
Ford Tech

yeah making your own is a good awsome idea lol. it wasnt until i started installing them that i realized i should have made my own also but i really like the look of these and man are they sturdy, they weigh 85lbs each!
Did they tie into the frame like normal sidesteps do or they mounted different? And that is heavy! Ill probably make then at least 14-16 gauge on the flat area and probably 12 on tube
Old 10-08-2012, 12:15 PM

Well they told me they were simply bolt on but after getting them and putting them up against my frame they were not lol. I had no idea our frames are boxed and they came with L brackets with holes in them and I thought it would be just drill a couple holes an bolt them up but after seeing the boxes frame I decided to weld them instead. But the last bracket was slanted because our frame slants at the rear but the angle was too extreme and put the steps at a place I didn't like so I ended up cutting off the bottom part of the brackets and them welding them directly to the frame where I wanted them.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Ford Tech

Well they told me they were simply bolt on but after getting them and putting them up against my frame they were not lol. I had no idea our frames are boxed and they came with L brackets with holes in them and I thought it would be just drill a couple holes an bolt them up but after seeing the boxes frame I decided to weld them instead. But the last bracket was slanted because our frame slants at the rear but the angle was too extreme and put the steps at a place I didn't like so I ended up cutting off the bottom part of the brackets and them welding them directly to the frame where I wanted them.
Could you possibly get me a picture of the mounting area and the length of the overall step? Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

do u have wheel spacers?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:14 PM

so the steps originally came like this
ADD Side Steps / Rockgaurds Installed-photo-4-.jpg
you can see the L brackets and the lower part i cut off and i welded them like this on the frame
ADD Side Steps / Rockgaurds Installed-photo-8-.jpg
the front 2 mounts would have worked fine on the frame the way they were but i didnt know that at the time so i just cut all of them off. the last mount looks like this on my frame
ADD Side Steps / Rockgaurds Installed-photo-9-.jpg
see how it is very slanted to compensate for the frame slant. well it put the steps pretty much in the middle between the tires and it didnt look right to me because i wanted it on the cab so thats why i cut the brackets in the first place. the overall length of the steps is 83 inches.

and no i dont not have wheel spacers, my rims have a backspace of 4.5" so it pushed the tires out father.

Quick Reply: ADD Side Steps / Rockgaurds Installed