Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Add-a-leaf Or Blocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add-a-leaf Or Blocks

Trying to decide which leveling kit to buy. I've noticed a few different kinds. I'm looking to go 2.5" to 3" and i don't want the back to sag. So add-a-leaf or blocks is the question? What are the advantages or disadvantages? Does the add-a-leaf increase payload capacity or does it make the truck ride rough? Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:12 AM
JACK

Originally Posted by KIRT
Trying to decide which leveling kit to buy. I've noticed a few different kinds. I'm looking to go 2.5" to 3" and i don't want the back to sag. So add-a-leaf or blocks is the question? What are the advantages or disadvantages? Does the add-a-leaf increase payload capacity or does it make the truck ride rough? Any suggestions?
if you do the right kit it should only level the truck. if you pull a lot of stuff then you could add a leaf but it will sit the same as stock only a little higher. blocks will only give you lift
Old 01-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck prior to lifting it and it sat ~3/4" higher in the front than in the rear, but you really couldn't tell with the naked eye. You shouldn't need either blocks or an AAL after installing a leveling kit. Also don't go any higher than the 2.5" kit though because you'll put your front end suspension at too severe an angle and the parts will wear out a lot quicker on you.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
I had a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck prior to lifting it and it sat ~3/4" higher in the front than in the rear, but you really couldn't tell with the naked eye. You shouldn't need either blocks or an AAL after installing a leveling kit. Also don't go any higher than the 2.5" kit though because you'll put your front end suspension at too severe an angle and the parts will wear out a lot quicker on you.
I actually want to keep the factory rake. Call me weird but i like it. I'm just looking for a little more ride hieght for larger tires. Just looking for pros and cons between add-a-leaf and blocks. I would like to just get 6" lift like you but thats a little out of my budget at this time. Maybe i will just forget about the leveling kit and save for the 6" lift. Not sure i can wait that long though.

Last edited by KIRT; 01-04-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:33 AM
JACK

Originally Posted by KIRT
I actually want to keep the factory rake. Call me weird but i like it. I'm just looking for a little more ride hieght for larger tires. Just looking for pros and cons between add-a-leaf and blocks. I would like to just get 6" lift like you but thats a little out of my budget at this time. Maybe i will just forget about the leveling kit and save for the 6" lift. Not sure i can wait that long though.
a lift would be your best option but if you can't afford it right now just save for it cause you will never be happy with Just A Leveling Kit
Old 01-04-2009, 08:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go talk to your local spring shop....they will guide you to correct way to set this up. Don't use those freakin blocks.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 AM

I'm having the same trouble . I have an 05 F150 2WD and want to raise it up to at least 4x4 height. Just for looks and cause I want to put 33's on it. I've been doing a lot of research. I seem to be getting closer but no REAL straight forward "here's what to do" answer. I don't want to spend much. What's the simplest answer to acheive my goal?????? HELP!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:31 AM
UrbanTerrain

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the 2.5 in the front with a 1.5 block in the rear. A 1" block would have kept me level so now I have a factory looking rake like you were looking for. I went with block to keep the factory ride, I don't haul heavy loads so no need to stiffen the rear.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:39 AM
FX4

Received 51 Likes on 21 Posts

shackle.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:36 PM

Nice! So it's givin you no problems?

Quick Reply: Add-a-leaf Or Blocks