Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

accessory power?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accessory power?

I am currently changing my dash out to a console shift and put it together now my power windows cab lights door ding and instrument cluster doesnt work well except for the airbag light put nothing else on it oh and radio......i have an extra plug that was under the dash dont remember if i disconnected it or not but came off the light switch wiring harness any help? oh 2007 f150

Last edited by will1983; 04-23-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by will1983
I am currently changing my dash out to a console shift and put it together. Now my power windows, cab lights, door ding and instrument cluster don't work well except for the airbag light. I put nothing else on it... oh, and radio. I have an extra plug that was under the dash. Don't remember if I disconnected it or not, but came off the light switch wiring harness. Any help?
Oh 2007 f150
Ok, edited your post to add punctuation so I could read it.

I take it you are saying that you now have a leftover plug?
The underlined part is unclear. Are you saying that your power windows, cab lights door ding and instrument cluster don't work well or or that the only functioning part of the instrument cluster is the airbag warning light?
Does the radio work or not? Can't tell from how you wrote this.

My suggestion is to tear it down again and put it back together slowly, looking for a home for that plug. My 10-second analysis tells me that a dangling connector probably has something to do with practically everything not working .
Old 04-25-2011, 10:57 AM

Sorry about that I was in a rush and very ticked off. Ive torn it down again multiple times and there isn't anywhere for it to plug in so thats not the problem I'm guessing. No the instrument cluster isn't working at all except for airbag light no digital odometer no nothing. There is power to the radio because when i push eject it tries to eject a disk but its not turning on as an acsessory. And other things like cab lights and power windows aren't working.
I've checked alot of fuses and nothings bad and no other wires or grounds are disconnected or bad.

Quick Reply: accessory power?