Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Access Roll-Up cover "leaking"

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 08:42 PM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Access Roll-Up cover "leaking"

I don't figure these would be super "air tight" but I wouldn't figure that getting water inside the bed would be typical. I can't garuntee that the contents of the bed would stay dry... anybody else have this going on? I can't really afford to replace it (much less with the $1000+ ones that I would like to get!).

Thoughts?
Old 12-26-2009, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Retrax and mine leaks in several spots. When i bought it they told me this would be the case and i was ok with it. I bought it mainly for security and the option of rolling it back to put tall items in. I guess the only truly weatherproof ones are the fiberglass or the snap on covers.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:48 PM

That is what I was figuring. This one came with the truck so I didn't buy it. Wonder if there is anything I can do to help improve the "water tightness".

Guess I will just have to start saving for a better one.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:28 PM

I have the same access cover but installed it flush with the bed rails so the velcro strips sit flat and the water cant roll down to get in. The only water i get in there is very little near the tail gate.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:34 PM

I had to put some extra weatherstripping under the rails, and that helped to stop the leaking on mine.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by grassmanfx4
I have the same access cover but installed it flush with the bed rails so the velcro strips sit flat and the water cant roll down to get in. The only water i get in there is very little near the tail gate.
Wish I had the option to install it like that. It isn't a lot of water but enough that if I had stuff in there it would get wet. Not ideal for carrying luggage etc on a trip!

Originally Posted by fordtruckman2008
I had to put some extra weatherstripping under the rails, and that helped to stop the leaking on mine.
How / where did you install it? A quick pic or two would help. I will have to look into doing that. I love this cover because it rolls up so easily... but the water is kind of a buzz kill.

Quick Reply: Access Roll-Up cover "leaking"