Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Accelertor Pedal sensor is bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accelertor Pedal sensor is bad

I decided to purchase a friends 2004 F150 FX4 with 5.4 to use for work. They had issues and rebuilt the Cams. No ticking or knocking noise at all. I bought it for 5K. It is in very good condition and has just over 200k. I found they had a hesitation they could not get rid of and found they had vacumm lines crossed up. Solved that issue. I put on my BBK and K&N from my old truck and that also seemed to improve it. I now only have a code that says the Accelertor Pedal sensor is bad. What is happening is the engine feels bogged down and feels like a misfire sometimes and loss of power mostly when trying to accelerate quickly or on a incline. Would almost think it is a trans issue but i really think not. The engine light will flash a few times and then when it smooths out it will go away. Yesterday the wrench light came on and then was gone after a restart. So I thought I would remove the one from my old F150 regular truck and put on this FX4 and found they are not the same (Can it be swapped?). Before I go and buy this expensive OEM only item do any of you have any suggestion?
Oh I did notice on some of these threads about putting the key on but not start and press pedal down and back up quickly. Since I changed the throttel body and CAI should I do this procedure. After I changed these items I had disconnected the battery and have run for about 2k miles but it has had this issue since I got it and is only getting worse.
I have new plugs I am going to install and have new coil packs on order and waiting to arrive.
All your help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:23 AM
Some guy

Received 2,021 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Flashing light means you have a misfire. When were plugs and coils last changed? Also get rid of that CAI until all this is solved.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:30 AM

They said they replaced at at 150k miles when they rebuilt the cams. I have the new Motorcraft plugs and have order the coil packs.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:33 AM
Some guy

Received 2,021 Likes on 1,284 Posts

That's where I'd start. New plugs (SP-515), coils, boots, and springs. Make sure to grease the boots and springs with dielectric grease.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by LaMartian
That's where I'd start. New plugs (SP-515), coils, boots, and springs. Make sure to grease the boots and springs with dielectric grease.
Thanks LaMartian, I will do and let you know results.

Quick Reply: Accelertor Pedal sensor is bad