Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

ABS sensor light

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb ABS sensor light

I have a 2006 F150 and I am having trouble diagnosing a problem. The ABS light comes on intimately and I cannot figure out why. I took it down to Firestone and they ran diagnostic on it and it came back as a bad ABS sensor in the rear. I was about to change that and then I cleared the computer of the codes but cannot get it to reset 100%. Also, when I start the truck the light comes on then if I turn it off and restart it the light goes off. As I drive the truck when I come to a stop the brakes slip and the light comes on. What do I need to do? Should I replace the brakes?
Old 08-21-2014, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you find out please let me know, I have 2004 with 169,000 on it and my ABS light stays on. I have not had mine checked out yet.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:59 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Ok, no real help here but my old 02 F150 used to throw the abs light once in a while, I never worried about it. I did, however, end up having to replace the abs module. I started to notice this strange buzzing sound when I shut the truck off, didn't realize at first it was coming from the truck. It was the solenoid inside the abs module malfunctioning and buzzing loudly, after a few days buzzing they drained the battery and I bought a used abs module to fix the problem.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:53 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Make the new sensor is OEM, not all aftermarkets are the same.
I have never took a look how the sensor sense the signal, but my assumption that it is the same with other cars I worked on. Sometimes if the Ring Tone is dirty it can effect the signal quality and thus the sensor fails to detect the speed.

BTW, the ring tone is the hill and valley surface that the sensor is sensed from. Give it a good clean, but if it is too rusty you may have to replace it.

Of course if that doesn't work you may need to rebuild your ABS module.

Quick Reply: ABS sensor light