Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

ABS & E-Brake Light on.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ABS & E-Brake Light on.

Last week the ABS and E-Brake light both came on in my 2008 F150 XLT 4.6L simultaneously. I threw the code reader on but no codes came up because the reader I have doesn't pick up ABS issues.

I've read that it could be one of my speed senors. That'll be the first thing I check, but just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what they think it could be. Brakes are fine, no issues with them.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be the wheel bearing..
The following users liked this post:
Alexandar Nwafor (02-24-2021)
Old 03-03-2014, 03:00 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Check fuse #14 it may be blown, if this fuse is blown your cruise control and reverse lights also won't work.
mbcummings (07-06-2018)
Old 05-21-2014, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ford123
Check fuse #14 it may be blown, if this fuse is blown your cruise control and reverse lights also won't work.
Checked Fuse #14 and it was blown, swapped it out really quick with a new one and the light came off. Started it back up today and the lights are on now, and the new fuse is blown.

Could it be a short in a connection wire that's causing the fuse to blow? thought maybe it could be the rear speed sensor.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:11 PM

Default Same issue but worse

I have ABS and emergency/parking brake light on, AC stopped working and my reverse lights went out. Not sure if all are related. All fuses looked good. Anyone have similar issue with a fix?
Old 05-23-2014, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CHECK THE FUSE! This has happened twice in 60,000 miles on my 2005 F150... it is a little 10amp that controls a lot of items. Don't waste a bunch of money till you check the fuse...
mbcummings (07-06-2018)
Old 05-23-2014, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by rbarstow
CHECK THE FUSE! This has happened twice in 60,000 miles on my 2005 F150... it is a little 10amp that controls a lot of items. Don't waste a bunch of money till you check the fuse...
I have checked fuse 14, which is 10 amps but its good. I even replaced it to be on the safe side. It all began when a friend tried to hook up a back up camera and connect to the reverse light by the passenger side fuse panel. I haven't checked the fuses under the hood yet. This evening i noticed that my left rear tail light will not signal when I put my turn signal on. That is where the power to the camera was hooked up. Since then it is removed.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:18 AM

Default Reverse lights not working

I checked all fuses, replaced the transmission range sensor and still no luck. Bulbs are good. My left rear turn signal light does not work although the brake light does. The right side work fine. Hazard lights work fine all around. When I turn the left side the front signal light works but not the rear and the dash light blinks rapidly. Right side works fine. I hooked up a trailer to the tow connection and the left blinker works on the trailer just fine, however the right side of the trailer doesn't (truck left side will not flash when hooked up to the trailer.....but the right side of the truck does. Can anyone help me troubleshoot. I and NOT electrically inclined so directions as simple as can be is appreciated.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:46 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My parking brake light has been on for about 10k miles now and no one on the boards has had anything useful for it. My parking brake still works, reverse lights work, cruise control works and i have replaced the switch mounted above the parking brake and have fooled around with the sensor near the brake fluid reservoir under the hood. Some days it will randomly turn off then a few minutes later turn back on. I have yet to figure out the problem so for now i will live with the little red light.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Mark

Received 2,415 Likes on 2,116 Posts

Originally Posted by Jvalen7788
I checked all fuses, replaced the transmission range sensor and still no luck. Bulbs are good. My left rear turn signal light does not work although the brake light does. The right side work fine. Hazard lights work fine all around. When I turn the left side the front signal light works but not the rear and the dash light blinks rapidly. Right side works fine. I hooked up a trailer to the tow connection and the left blinker works on the trailer just fine, however the right side of the trailer doesn't (truck left side will not flash when hooked up to the trailer.....but the right side of the truck does. Can anyone help me troubleshoot. I and NOT electrically inclined so directions as simple as can be is appreciated.
Check your third brake light...a rapid flash indicates a burnt bulb..
Jvalen7788 (05-25-2014)

Quick Reply: ABS & E-Brake Light on.