Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

80% Through EATC Conversion... Need Help With A/C Demand wire

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 01:00 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default 80% Through EATC Conversion... Need Help With A/C Demand wire

I am sending an SOS to anyone who has succeeded in doing an auto air swap. I have most of it done but noticed that when everything is hooked up the ac clutch runs constantly. When I looked through the schematics I saw that the VT wire which supplies AC demand to the cluster is on
in the connector 228B in the EATC. In the EMTC it is in the "A" connector. My first thought was that the VT wire running through my stock harness needs to be cut from the A plug and spliced to the VT wire in plug 228B. But...

I tested the AC demand wire from the EMTC and it reads 10.8v when A/C of and the voltage drops when A/C demand is activated.

When I plugged everything into the EATC, it read 10.8v from on VT wire in 228B regardless of whether or not I selected A/C on the unit.

So electrically if I splice the wire over my A/C clutch will not ever kick on.

I haven't found alot of how to threads on this swap, just a lot of posts where people said they had done the swap or were going to.

So far I have wired up the blower motor speed controller so I can controller blower speed and all the blend controls through the EATC succesfully. I have not wired in the Interior Temp sensor or tapped into the sunload CKT.

Anyone know how to get the ac demand to operate the ac clutch correctly? Is it because I have not wired in the inputs from the temp sensor and sunload?

A second question is where did people who successfully completed this swap mount the blower motor control and the the tube that attaches to the in vehicle temperature sensor.

Quick Reply: 80% Through EATC Conversion... Need Help With A/C Demand wire