Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

#8 cyl intake roller on lash adjuster found ejected to side

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 04:58 PM
05 5.4l 3v s.crew lariat

Received 627 Likes on 564 Posts

Default #8 cyl intake roller on lash adjuster found ejected to side

2005 5.4 l 3v 160k miles . . It was one of the intake rollers assembly . Shocked to see it laying to the side ,lash adjuster maybe frozen up it seems very hard to push . .
I had a knock from the driver side so I stopped using it and geared up to change all the timing components as well as the rollers and lash adjusters .
It was running bad so I opened oil pan to see if guide pieces in there --yep .
Got timing cover off, chain on passenger side had started to eat into the cover .
Can't seem to find colored links on timing chains from factory . Was going to see if timing okay before I start . Factory chains are discolored and I only see a faint touch of copper but even tho I'm at tdc on no.1 they don't line up . Did the factory even use marked links ? Do they use another method ?
Old 05-17-2016, 06:38 PM

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

The factory chains should have a colored link, copper as you say. Don't be concerned about trying to get them to line up. It would take many, many revolutions for this to happen. Someone did the math at one point and it was about 116 rev's. Just be more concerned about getting all your marks aligned when you re-do the timing.

Quick Reply: #8 cyl intake roller on lash adjuster found ejected to side