Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans (http://www.f150forum.com/)
-   2004 - 2008 Ford F150 (http://www.f150forum.com/f4/)
-   -   76.5% Throttle At WOT (http://www.f150forum.com/f4/76-5-throttle-wot-217914/)

wyoming 07-12-2013 02:12 PM

76.5% Throttle At WOT
 
Hey all, I've been reading the recent thread about getting a true 100% at WOT but I can't get mine to get above 76.5, according to my Torque app. I can run an 11ish 0-60 but can't even spin my 275/70/18. I've tried the pedal trick, but have seen no change... Is my TPS bad?

dereku 07-12-2013 02:21 PM

I had no idea people had issues with this. I am interested to find out about this as well.

BIGDAWG78 07-12-2013 03:17 PM

I did this fix this week.

step 1. turn key to ON position
step 2. push gas pedal slowly to the floor and let is come back up as fast as possible. basically once its to the floor release it.
step 3. turn key to off position
step 4. all 2 more times

this will reset the throttle. works like a champ

wyoming 07-14-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGDAWG78 (Post 2828707)
I did this fix this week.

step 1. turn key to ON position
step 2. push gas pedal slowly to the floor and let is come back up as fast as possible. basically once its to the floor release it.
step 3. turn key to off position
step 4. all 2 more times

this will reset the throttle. works like a champ

Just tried this a couple times, still nothing. Followed exactly that procedure, waited a couple seconds in between the first time, then faster the second, turning the key off, letting the lights come on and go off between. Still nothing. Still 76.5%.

KingRanch4Life 07-14-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoming (Post 2828594)
Hey all, I've been reading the recent thread about getting a true 100% at WOT but I can't get mine to get above 76.5, according to my Torque app. I can run an 11ish 0-60 but can't even spin my 275/70/18. I've tried the pedal trick, but have seen no change... Is my TPS bad?

11ish 0-60 aint bad.. The other guy had 13... I run a 8.5... Does anybody get a full 100% WOT?? Run through the basics first... Some B12, fuel filter, and check your throttle body

wyoming 07-14-2013 10:07 PM

I guess I never really expected a full 100% but I hoped to get at least 90... But I just cleaned the throttle body and MAF, clean as a whistle now. I ran some seafoam, not sure what B12 is. Haven't checked fuel filter but will do that.
I was mostly concerned about the 76%, not really the speed, I didn't buy a truck to race anyone.

KingRanch4Life 07-14-2013 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoming (Post 2832909)
I guess I never really expected a full 100% but I hoped to get at least 90... But I just cleaned the throttle body and MAF, clean as a whistle now. I ran some seafoam, not sure what B12 is. Haven't checked fuel filter but will do that.
I was mostly concerned about the 76%, not really the speed, I didn't buy a truck to race anyone.

B12 is better than seafoam.. All i know is i push gas pedal and the truck goes.. This whole WOT thing is just to much.. As long as i'm not missing, pinging, or sluggish then i'm good.. Plus i'm pretty dang fast to be rolling 35's on 22's... lol

wyoming 07-14-2013 10:50 PM

ya that's just flat impressive lol!
But I just went out and checked:
I have the android app torque, with the little OBDII plug off ebay. Ran a 13.0 0-60. 11 was hand calculated by a buddy, just found out how to use this 0-60 thing I have and it's more accurate I'm sure. But that being said, I have no tune, just MBRP Catback, and the Gotts mod, 275/70/18 tires, weigh about 60lbs each, and a leaky exhaust manifold lol. Maybe I'm just being too picky.
Also, I was reading that another guy had the same issue with his programmer reading 76% but when he got the edge it said 100. I will try some B12, where do you get it, I've never seen it before? Also this may sound absolutely ridiculous, but where are the fuel filters on this truck? I just noticed that the filter had been replaced 150 miles before I bought it so I never messed with it yet.

KingRanch4Life 07-14-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoming (Post 2833039)
ya that's just flat impressive lol!
But I just went out and checked:
I have the android app torque, with the little OBDII plug off ebay. Ran a 13.0 0-60. 11 was hand calculated by a buddy, just found out how to use this 0-60 thing I have and it's more accurate I'm sure. But that being said, I have no tune, just MBRP Catback, and the Gotts mod, 275/70/18 tires, weigh about 60lbs each, and a leaky exhaust manifold lol. Maybe I'm just being too picky.
Also, I was reading that another guy had the same issue with his programmer reading 76% but when he got the edge it said 100. I will try some B12, where do you get it, I've never seen it before? Also this may sound absolutely ridiculous, but where are the fuel filters on this truck? I just noticed that the filter had been replaced 150 miles before I bought it so I never messed with it yet.

Advance auto.. The filter is on the driver side underneath inner frame.. You could be at a 100%.. I never check mine..


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com