Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

6'8" Clearance MY ***!!! Thanks CoH!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 6'8" Clearance MY ***!!! Thanks CoH!

. I mean !!!!!! So I had to go downtown today. I had to park in a garage. Let me explain I have 35x12.5 tires, 3" susp. lift, 3" body lift on my 2WD XLT. I see the sign so I pull up, open the door as I start to check the sign, and I'm good. I'm lookin at a 6'6" height on my truck. As I'm going through this garage, every pipe, beam, anything crossing, looked like its gonna take off my roof. I found a spot on the second level (this garage is underground, so I'm 2 down). To get out, you have to do a 360 around the center, and ride the ramp up where you rode down. So I'm goin around where I hadnt on that level, and BASTARD a sign catches the roof and drags across (i'm going 10 mph tops). SO then 1 more turn and I am up the ramp to pay, and stupid son of a another sign this time is so low, catches the front of my sirius satelite pod, and instead of lightly dragging it swings back and forth over my roof as I pass.

DOESNT RUB OUT. Its not "keyed" into the roof, but . I can't even begin to say how pissed I am. I know, birds will notice this only, BUT I KNOW ITS THERE!!!!!

And no, I'm not tryin to get my money. City Of Houston owns the garage. Thanks for lettin me vent. Was too sad to take pics.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you could possible file it couldn't you if you could prove the height of those signs verses the given said height? I always fear this happening to me...and I'm at stock height lol
Old 02-23-2010, 12:30 AM
SoCal Thread Shredder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same exact thing almost happened to me but i was like less then an inch away, i have the same setup as you
Old 02-23-2010, 07:53 AM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that suks bro, i hope things work out for ya.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have 6'6" on level ground.

A long vehicle on an incline will hit the roof when the front end is climbing and the rear end has not. Ask anyone who has ever driven a long box truck or driven a TT.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im from Houston also, considering the number of trucks in the area and the number of lifted trucks at that Im really surprised at how many garages in Houston are so low, Im only on 33's with a 2.5 inch level on my 4x4 and Im close to not being able to fit in a few garages. Not sure how others do it so often. Sucks bro, but since it is a city garage, as someone else said you probably have a claim if you can prove the signs are not as high as stated. A friend of mine got money a few years ago after they hit a pothole that was so deep in not only flatened the tire but bent the rim, they took pics of the pothole and took in the receipt they gave them the entire amount for the rim plus labor, not a bad deal.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Neggy
You have 6'6" on level ground.

A long vehicle on an incline will hit the roof when the front end is climbing and the rear end has not. Ask anyone who has ever driven a long box truck or driven a TT.
Yea, I knew incline declines would change, but the garages' signs are on level spots, after you come off the ramp.

Originally Posted by JohnD
Im from Houston also, considering the number of trucks in the area and the number of lifted trucks at that Im really surprised at how many garages in Houston are so low, Im only on 33's with a 2.5 inch level on my 4x4 and Im close to not being able to fit in a few garages. Not sure how others do it so often. Sucks bro, but since it is a city garage, as someone else said you probably have a claim if you can prove the signs are not as high as stated. A friend of mine got money a few years ago after they hit a pothole that was so deep in not only flatened the tire but bent the rim, they took pics of the pothole and took in the receipt they gave them the entire amount for the rim plus labor, not a bad deal.
I'm taking my camera and tape measure friday. I know what 2 signs I hit ( i mean I was only down 2 levels). I'm just gonna park on the street in front of Tranquality park, walk down the stairs into the garage and snap away. If it isn't 6'8 as stated, I'm contacting someone at the city Monday. Thanks guys for the sympathy, first scratch I have gotten on her in the almost 4 yrs 72k miles I've had her. From now on, 7'0 or I'm just walkin farther.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hate parkades for this reason. these trucks need feelers or whiskers on the roof. feel for ya 'bro. keep us posted.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:39 AM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

Wizard Turbo Cut works wonders on scratches. Then you wax afterward. You can pick up the stuff at Napa.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The exact reason why I won't lift my truck even though I'd really like to because I have to park in a downtown garage everyday.

Quick Reply: 6'8" Clearance MY ***!!! Thanks CoH!