Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

6 inch race car dynamics [ rcd ] liftkit

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 09:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Question 6 inch race car dynamics [ rcd ] liftkit

im putting on a 6 inch lift made by race car dynamics on a 05 fx4 . this lift kit is pretty nice, i'll try and post pics on later date,i'm doing this myself in a small 1 car garage. so far things aren't going to bad . i had problems getting the lower control arm bolts out ,they broke loose fine with a impact wrench but the problem was getting the bolts all the way out. i would have to pound on them with the nut on the end then spray with pb blaster and work them back and forth took about an hour and a half on three of them and the last one i had to cut off with a sawzaw ,went and bought new bolt to replace the one i cut . now ive got all drop down brackets and new cross members in, and front differential back in,what a bear ! now ive got the lower control arms back in and noticed that when i torque the cam bolts the control arms squeak like crazy when you move them up and down so im assuming the bushings are bad . so today i ordered two sets of bushings one for each side. i'm hoping these arent going to be too bad of pain to press out . Has anybody ever changed out the lower control arm bushings ? if so how bad was it , i'm going to move on to the rest of the project while waiting on the parts to come in . wish me luck !!!

Quick Reply: 6 inch race car dynamics [ rcd ] liftkit