5.4 Problem links. - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2004 - 2008 Ford F150
Log In 


5.4 Problem links.

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Meaner than Ymeski
5 Year Member
 
bobkyle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,022
Thanked 774 Times in 453 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 5.4 Problem links.

5.4L 3V Spark Plugs Engine Build Dates before 10/09/07

http://www.f150forum.com/f4/5-4l-3v-...09-07-a-56871/

------------------------------------------------------------------

The Final Repair Guide to 5.4 Cam Phaser Tick/Knock Sound

http://www.f150forum.com/f4/final-re...-sound-141266/

------------------------------------------------------------------

Bog down moan sound issue solved!

http://www.f150forum.com/f4/bog-down...solved-166431/

------------------------------------------------------------------
Most common links for 04-08

http://www.f150forum.com/f4/stop-bef...l-links-42829/
__________________

Click Here for instructions on uploading pics!
My 08F150's life
My Chevy K5 build thread.

Last edited by bobkyle2; 06-06-2013 at 12:51 AM.
bobkyle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobkyle2 For This Useful Post:
fone_fitty (10-21-2014), WreckZ (06-06-2014)
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


-->
Old 06-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
2015 F-150 King Ranch 4x4
 
dos0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northeast, Florida
Posts: 579
Thanked 40 Times in 32 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

How about one for exhaust manifolds?
__________________
Levi - 2015 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, Blue Jeans and Caribou, 3.5 EcoBoost, 601A, Max Tow and Technology Packages. 3.55 Locking Diff.
dos0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dos0711 For This Useful Post:
normiss (09-27-2014)
Old 06-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #3
Meaner than Ymeski
5 Year Member
 
bobkyle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,022
Thanked 774 Times in 453 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Adding more links now.
__________________

Click Here for instructions on uploading pics!
My 08F150's life
My Chevy K5 build thread.
bobkyle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobkyle2 For This Useful Post:
fone_fitty (10-21-2014)
Old 08-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Power problems while A/C running

Okay i need some help here. 2005 f150 fx4 only 70,000 miles. When putting pedal to the floor there is no pick up to the truck at all when it is hot out and the a/c is running. I am not talking just a little slow, i'm talking to dangerous to attempt merging on the highway. Now let me give you some history on the truck. Was bought used only 30 some thousand miles. We had spark plugs replaced at 50 some thousand. We also had a tapping noise coming from the engine. Had the cam phaser fixed last summer, tapping never went away. Now we are having this power problem. Only happens when the weather is hot and the a/c is running. Took it to a mechanic and couldn't find anything wrong with so he sent it to ford who hooked it up to the computer and ran like 25 test and everything came back fine. So far no one can find what wrong with it and even ford says everything shows up normal. Anyone else having issues or knows what this maybe? Please help.
2005-FX4junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005-FX4junk View Post
Okay i need some help here. 2005 f150 fx4 only 70,000 miles. When putting pedal to the floor there is no pick up to the truck at all when it is hot out and the a/c is running. I am not talking just a little slow, i'm talking to dangerous to attempt merging on the highway. Now let me give you some history on the truck. Was bought used only 30 some thousand miles. We had spark plugs replaced at 50 some thousand. We also had a tapping noise coming from the engine. Had the cam phaser fixed last summer, tapping never went away. Now we are having this power problem. Only happens when the weather is hot and the a/c is running. Took it to a mechanic and couldn't find anything wrong with so he sent it to ford who hooked it up to the computer and ran like 25 test and everything came back fine. So far no one can find what wrong with it and even ford says everything shows up normal. Anyone else having issues or knows what this maybe? Please help.
If you ever find out the problem let me know. I have a 04 Lariat with a 5.4 in it and I'm having the same problem except it doesn't matter if the ac is running or not. I'm taking it the ford dealership this weekend for its first set of tests
mrhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhart View Post
If you ever find out the problem let me know. I have a 04 Lariat with a 5.4 in it and I'm having the same problem except it doesn't matter if the ac is running or not. I'm taking it the ford dealership this weekend for its first set of tests
you they let you know what is wrong with yours please fill me in to. I had mine at the dealership all they said was we feel the lack of power but nothing it coming on the test. We are stumped ourselves. amazing that ford builds something they cant fix or dont know what it is to fix.
2005-FX4junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:17 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Berea, Ohio
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

5.4 Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I have a 2004 F-150 that just passed 80,000 miles and a month ago it started making a very loud noise on startup, but only cold startup, meaning if I haven't used the truck in about three hours. Now I went on youtube to research and found a video of a truck making the exact same noise! Here is the link:
Can anyone verify what this is??? Some poeple are saying cam phasers and some are saying I'll need a brand new engine! Thanks everyone
acate76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Berea, Ohio
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhart View Post
If you ever find out the problem let me know. I have a 04 Lariat with a 5.4 in it and I'm having the same problem except it doesn't matter if the ac is running or not. I'm taking it the ford dealership this weekend for its first set of tests
I am at a loss here too I've asked countless people nobody knows but I do know it shouldn't be making that noise. Please let me know if Ford actually figures out whats wrong with it.
acate76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acate76 View Post
I am at a loss here too I've asked countless people nobody knows but I do know it shouldn't be making that noise. Please let me know if Ford actually figures out whats wrong with it.
Spent over $1000. Got all new spark plugs, a new #7 boot(mine was bad), and 2 other BS parts replaced. I get about 1 mpg better now but still have the same issue. Im going to see about replacing my stock intake and try cleaning or replacing the fuel injector. I'll keep you informed.
mrhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhart View Post
Spent over $1000. Got all new spark plugs, a new #7 boot(mine was bad), and 2 other BS parts replaced. I get about 1 mpg better now but still have the same issue. Im going to see about replacing my stock intake and try cleaning or replacing the fuel injector. I'll keep you informed.
Well, i took it back again just to see what they about the problem still existing and with hours of testing all they could come up with is "theres definately something still wrong with it".

Im pretty certain its got something to do with the intake, exhaust, or injection. Still gonna figure this out.
mrhart is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2005 F150 5.4 Misfire problems jpn4791 General F150 Discussion 2 08-19-2015 08:13 PM
Fuel Inertia Switch not resetting jblan 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 12 08-15-2015 11:38 AM
tpms cutting out ac compressor and dashlights jry General F150 Discussion 0 08-02-2015 06:24 PM
2v 5.4 build questions DezertRat Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation 0 08-01-2015 09:31 PM
Need help red 05f150 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 2 07-31-2015 02:15 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.