Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

4r75e rebuild problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4r75e rebuild problems

Hello all,

This is my first time posting. . I rebuilt my 4r75e last spring and every thing went great. but now I am having a problem. it is stuck in reverse. The shifter moves freely through all of the gear positions but it will not come out of reverse no matter what position the shift lever is in. I checked the cable and external connections, all seem to be working. could this be something in the valve body? I had to take loose the Dipstick tube to get the valve cover off a few weekends ago (cam phasers) and lost some trans fluid. I put 3 quarts in to get it bact to full. It didn't think I had lost that much. could I have over filled some how? would that cause this type of problem? I have been doing some searches on this site and others but so far have found nothing addressing this issue. I REALLY do not want to drop this transmission again. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by jasonwalding; 08-26-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: copy and paste error
Old 08-28-2015, 11:04 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Year, model and engine size will help pin point the problem. Scan for trouble codes, even if the CEL is NOT on

Define stuck in reverse...

when you start the engine, its in reverse? no park? when you shift to drive, or neutral what happens?

I would drop the pan and remove the valve body, make sure the shift linkage is contacting the manual valve and the manual valve is moving correctly.

Quick Reply: 4r75e rebuild problems