Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

4.6L towing Chevy's, Mazdas, Rangers..

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.6L towing Chevy's, Mazdas, Rangers..

So, not even 24 hours after creating a thread worrying if my 4HI was working since the light wasn't on, I spent the day out in a wild blizzard having fun and towing out some Chevys

Spent the day driving around, goofing off and putting the truck through the ropes. What a great day, very very fun!

All in All from 2-8:00 ( take out supper at 530 ) part of the fun was towing out:

2 Silverados ( one a buddies, one a random person stuck )
1 Tacoma ( Random guy stuck on the Off Ramp)
1 B2000 ( a Guy at my work )
1 Ranger ( not really a friend, just a guy that I know. Came up on him by Tim Hortons stuck DAMN good)
1 Pontiac Sunfire ( friend of mine)
1 Toyota Sienna ( My Uncle/Aunt/ Cousins )

Had a Great day today towing/helping all these people out in my F150 . Although we all appreciate our Fords, I dont think you can TRUELY appreciate your Ford until you tow out a Chevy, in my case 2
Old 02-05-2010, 07:30 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

thats a nice list you got there. i almost needed a tow the other night when it was snowing pretty good. me and the wife took the truck out for a little midnight fun after a nice storm. found a completly empty parking lot at a church up the hill and wanted to spin around a little bit. the pavement was complete ice under the snow and after a few cookies we were just spinning on the ground. not moving at all. any movement of the wheels was just slpping. even in 4hi i couldnt get it going. got it after about a minute but it was sure funny. my big *** truck stuck on a flat church parking lot in 5 inches of snow, it might be time for some new tires.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Lucky!! My favourite part of winter is pulling out all the people that get stuck. But we didn't have enough snow here this winter for anyone to get stuck... Except for the really really bad drivers, but I never made it to them on time. lol.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last really big and nasty snow we had. My friend was coming into work and got stuck in his Ford 250 diesel. I went and got me little 6 cylinder Nissan frontier 4X4 and pulled him out of the snow.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:34 PM
BAMF Club

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

all that action and no pictures?
Old 02-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ak_cowboy
all that action and no pictures?

Bringing the camera never even crossed my mind. I was too eager to get out in the White stuff! Shameful I know

These are a few pictures that I managed to snap this morning

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/pics-my...ew-snow-43983/
Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

I love having 4 wheel drive!! Me and my wife were driving here around Ft. Wood and were headed up this paved hill that was really slick and pretty steep and packed with snow, we passed a kid in a tundra throwing on snow chains to get up the hill. I felt good I made it with just 4HI, when we passed him coming down he was still putting the chains lol and he looked at me with a pained look...

Quick Reply: 4.6L towing Chevy's, Mazdas, Rangers..