Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

3"spacer vs 3" body lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 PM
SoCal Thread Shredder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3"spacer vs 3" body lift

right now im running on 3" spacer, just wondering whats the difference from that and a 3" bodylift and whats the pro's and con's about that becuase my neighbor told me if i do a 3" bodylift the middle of my truck will sink in eventually? something like that
Old 03-11-2010, 03:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UnleashedFord
right now im running on 3" spacer, just wondering whats the difference from that and a 3" bodylift and whats the pro's and con's about that becuase my neighbor told me if i do a 3" bodylift the middle of my truck will sink in eventually? something like that
Sink in? Maybe if you had a chevy! lol. The new PA Body Lift will prevent that from ever happening on their kit. To install, you remove the entire seat assemblies since your new bolts run through the cab, through the spacer, into the frame. THIS is why I didnt do the install myself and paid someone. I have had my kit on for 2+ months now, on top of the 3" Susp lift, and there has been no added body roll. I still hit freeway interchange ramps at 45+. When I have a load in the bed, the truck holds true like it should, still stable in turns. When I am towing a trailer (so far its just been a 16' with furniture, tomorrow I tow 2- Chevy C10's, seperately of course, and will update that then), the truck again acts as if nothing has been lifted off the frame, still feel solid. JMO on things as a user and abuser, but so far its been tried and true.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:57 PM
SoCal Thread Shredder

do you know if there is a video or anything anywhere that shows how it is installed? because my dad has a shop and if it easy enough i can do it myself? but how much did you pay to get it done?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:11 PM
SoCal Thread Shredder

oh and where did you buy your from?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UnleashedFord
oh and where did you buy your from?
I bought off of eBay. I can give you the guys name. Ran me just over 400 w/ shipping. I am not sure of an install video anywhere, but the instructions were very detailed. Just too overwhelming for me as I didnt have a shop and a lift would have came in real handy. I paid 700 cash for the install, from a local 4x4 shop that does their custom lifts. 4wheelparts store right down the street from them wants 825.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:54 PM
SoCal Thread Shredder

sure whats the guys name? and do they make it for 2wd?

Quick Reply: 3"spacer vs 3" body lift