Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2wd with a little lift? Want to use a little more meaty tire.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Ford, much?

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 2wd with a little lift? Want to use a little more meaty tire.

My off road days are "0" and I don't want my truck to look like a lifted 4x4, but I do want to put some meatier tires on it and I guess I might have to raise it up slightly to do so. I'm going to be doing some things to it that will transform it from stock to somewhat customized and the process will start with some better wheels and tires.

I figure street tires aren't going to be meaty enough to give me the look I want, as I do not want low profile tires, so some crossover tires that are street and light duty offroad are what I want.

Can anyone give some insight on a good tire size and look that is just moderately large enough to look meaty, but not to give the impression of it being an off road truck, and if it will require a lift of some sort?

If so, would it be a body lift of maybe 2 inches or a suspension lift? I've not had to deal with this before so any insight would be great. I just want to run a little more meaty tire.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How's the pics in my profile suit you
Old 07-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Ford, much?

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah that's not bad at all. It's got a little meat, yet doesn't suggest you'll be doing the Dakar Rally. Your truck is a few inches higher, about what I expected. For instance the FX4 trucks sit about 2 inches higher than mine does.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Former Powerstroker

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

level the front end with a leveling kit or shocks for a better ride.

Quick Reply: 2wd with a little lift? Want to use a little more meaty tire.