Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2wd Lift Problems HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd Lift Problems HELP!!!

Hey everyone, this is my first post on here so please excuse me if someone has already posted something like this or what not but I just need some help here!
Okay so I have a 2006 Supercrew 2wd and I just got an installed a 6" fabtech lift the other day. I ended up getting the dirt logic coilovers instead of the spacers. But anyways my question is, when I got the kit the coilovers came adjusted right in the middle and I put everything together and was very happy with that height. Today I took the truck to a local truck shop to get aligned and he had to basically lower my coilovers all the way down. I lost about 3" of gap between my tire and wheel well. He told me that he had to do that to align the truck 100% perfect. Now I have been seeing other guys out there with the same 6" kits with the coilovers cranked all the way up with leveling kits and they are aligned... I just don't understand why I was told that my truck cannot be adjusted higher without being able to be aligned to a drivable matter. He basically told me I can't adjust my coilovers at all. Why would I spend extra money if I can't even adjust them and have them all the way lower then what they came like? If there is someone out there that can help me understand this I would greatly appreciate it because I loved how my truck looked before this guy lowered them down all the way. Thank you!!!!!
Old 08-02-2016, 02:14 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I would take the truck to another shop and see what they have to say.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 143 Likes on 109 Posts

Never heard of such a thing. I would have left and went to a different shop as well.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

yeah drive immediately to another shop.... good luck

Quick Reply: 2wd Lift Problems HELP!!!