Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2008 - Horn honks EVERY TIME I lock/unlock doors, remote or from door

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 - Horn honks EVERY TIME I lock/unlock doors, remote or from door

This is going to sound a little funny, but I just aquired a 2008 F150 that appears to have an aftermarket security system on it. Everything was just fine until today when I took it in to the dealer to have a leaky tire replaced.

I have a little module with a single button on it just above my pedals on the lower half of the dash. It has a blinking red light on it that just blinks repeatedly. It is not the built in security system to the truck.

Everytime I lock the doors, with or without the remote, when the engine is off, every light on my dash and my perimeter lights, as well as the horn, all activate. The vehicle locks/unlocks just fine and I cant find anythign wrong. I have no documentation on such a system that would describe this kind of issue.

I find it funny to believe that changing the rear drivers side tire can mess up an alarm system, and its bothering me something feirce. IM going to take it in again tomorrow but id like to know if anyone else has had this issue.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:09 AM

I just looked under my dash where the module with the red blinking light its. It goes to a box that says CODE ALARM. I do not have any tools or anything for a CODE alarm. Im starting to think that my battery got disconnected and this other alarm system got reset, not sure though..hope that helps
Old 05-07-2010, 06:08 AM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm guessing your truck is just "horny".

Sorry - couldn't help myself.

Back to your thread.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

If this aftermarket alarm unit has a name on it, Google it. You should then be able to find their WEB site, and usually these companies have their operation instructions on their site in PDF format for you to download.

That or they would have a customer service email/phone number to ask.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:59 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

It sounds like the parking light flasher from the alarm is now activating another circuit. I'd start hunting down the splices and check for loose electrical tape or but connectors and repair. From a quick google, the parking light output might be the Orange/Black wire so look at that one first.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of cheeper alarms don't come with a siren instead they tap the horn wire, sounds to me it's working properly. If it bothers you a lot just unplug the alarm brain and tuck the harness up under the dash where it wont ground out.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:01 AM

Default Same problem!

I have an '04 F150 FX4 Supercab. I think I have the same alarm system. I have a small module with a blinking red light that is activated when I lock my truck. 2 honks every time I unlock it, 1 honk every time I lock it, and 3 honks if I lock it from the inside while getting out! EXTREMELY ANNOYING! I get up early for work and feel like my neighbors at my apartment complex must hate me!

Did you find a solution?

Lars O.
2004 F150 FX4
5.4L 3-Valve
Old 09-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Again, look at the box to find a model number or name. Then google it. I'm thinking you'll be able to locate an owners manual from the manufacturers site.

Quick Reply: 2008 - Horn honks EVERY TIME I lock/unlock doors, remote or from door