Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2008 f150 super crew 4x4 exhaust manifold leak

Old 06-17-2015, 07:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2008 f150 super crew 4x4 exhaust manifold leak

So I have a exhaust manifold leak and have been toying with some possible ideas. The passenger side is leaking. I have read that stock manifolds in 08 are just as good as shorty headers. I was looking at a set of Gibsons. If the stock is the same as a shorty headers they just go with stock manifold if its warped. Also I was looking at long tube header setup which looks like there is just resignators where the cats would go. Am I wrong. It wouldnt matter to me in WV they don't check emissions. Also is there any alterations I have to do to truck for the long tube headers to fit?
Last but not least I am familiar with the nightmare of taking on this task. I have the tools and can make the time somehow. I did manifolds on a 2001 f550 work truck with a triton v10. Which sucked immensely please tell me its easier then that setup. any insight would be greatly appriciated
Old 06-18-2015, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the exact same issue. I want to run longtubes as well. From what my other friends have told me, (you/I) may have to run the exhaust in between the tcase and the frame instead of making the 90° turn that it makes from the factory. I would also think this setup should flow better since it has less drastic turns. Also, if you remove the catalytic converters you will most likely have to get a tune so the motor doesn't run rich/lean.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ended up getting the obx long tube headers for the 4x4. They were routed the same exact location as the stock manifolds. I ended up doing the gots mod for the read o2 sensors. I am a cheap individual so I ended up lengthening all of the sensors. I had one stud break so I ended up buying a mig welding because i needed one ha and welded a washer to the broken stud then welded a nut to the washer and the broken stud came right out. The only other issue I had was on the passenger I didn't have the appropriate setup to get a ratchet on the studs. So I had to use a gear wrench to tighten them down. 2.5 day procedure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 f150 super crew 4x4 exhaust manifold leak