Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

2008 4 door lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:55 AM

Received 149 Likes on 122 Posts

Unhappy 2008 4 door lift

Hey i would like any information if possible on a 6 to 8 inch life for my 2008 4 door f 150 of course... i would like to know what tire fits and what rubs and i would also like to find a kit that has everything i need... brake lines... steerings components all of that.. any ifno would be great thanks...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

If you own a 4WD and can afford it I'd go with the 8" Rize kit. For 6" lifts Fabtech are regarded as one of, if not the best kits for our trucks. As for tire size it really depends on if you go with an 8" or 6" and if you're 2WD or 4WD. My truck is a 2WD with a 6" lift and I'm running 35x12.50/18 Pro Comp MT's with some slight rubbing (gotta do a little trimming). My old Pro Comp Xtreme AT's had zero rubbing though so stepping up to a little more aggressive tire caused the rub.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:30 AM
eff1nefivti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey wxmcpo... I have a 6" fabtech lift too. On your sig it says 5" blocks. What is that a body lift? If so how did that affect your ride quality and did they have to extend anything, ie shift linkage, brake lines etc.? I'm looking for a bit more lift but I've been reading on the pros and cons of a body lift.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by atompkins99
Hey wxmcpo... I have a 6" fabtech lift too. On your sig it says 5" blocks. What is that a body lift? If so how did that affect your ride quality and did they have to extend anything, ie shift linkage, brake lines etc.? I'm looking for a bit more lift but I've been reading on the pros and cons of a body lift.

blocks are a cheap way of getting lift with leaf springs in the rear. they are basically a spacer between your axle and spring. they put 2 inch blocks on alot of trucks stock but i never would go more than 3. the ride shouldnt really change but performance will. soa(spring over axles) can get really bad axle wrap and with the addition of blocks this is multiplied. u end up breaking and bending spring packs and busting u joints. axle wrap is basically the rear axle hopping up and down instead of pushing the truck forward. leaf springs are fairly cheap so i wouldnt use blocks. add a leafs with a small block is ok but for 5 inches of lift your much better off adding a lift spring.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

body lifts are also a cheap and easy way to lift a truck. the adverse affects are the cosmetic ones b/c you can see space between your frame and body. some say it puts too much stress on body mounts but i think its fine usually. no ride quality change either. you usually have to extend steering linkages, fuel filler tubes, and unhook a few wire harness' from there retaining clips to let them have more slack.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:25 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

You don't really have to worry about it unless you are running some type of power adders, more than just your CAI and tune.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by atompkins99
No not a body lift. I replaced the 2" block that comes standard in the Fabtech lift kit with a 5" block to level the truck out, otherwise I would have sat lower in the rear.

If I were to add more lift to my truck I would go with a 2" leveling kit and a 1.5" add a leaf.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your truck is 4wd I would get the 8" Rize Kit. You would also need to get the brake line kit as well. If you want your truck to sit level you would need an aal. Rize recommends 4.5" of backspacing for your rims, and you should be able to fit 37" tires.

Quick Reply: 2008 4 door lift